OLIGHT S30 Baton(1x18650,XM-L2)Magnetic tailcap-REVIEW

Olight S30 Baton - 1000 LUMENS - YouTube I was watching this review, there reviewer says that 1000lumene is only possible when using CR123A batteries.
Can any one confirm this?

Thanks for the review. Couldn’t resist $22 price at GB, especially after reading about the tint. I do have a S15 Titanium that does have a greenish tint and the blue side button that can be problematic. Beautiful looking polished titanium though.

Guys,

I’m a Tint-Snob and really Hate Green!

Just received mine a couple of hours ago and there is NO Green or even Blue for that matter… Sure there is the requisite yellow in the Corona that is typical of a Cree XML size die, but all in all - A Very Nice CW.

I was afraid to order (because of the Puke Green of the S10/S15 and S20, but for $22.59 I thought what the heck… The Man said there is no green so I’ll take him at his word. - Thanks Flashlion!!!

Thanks Olight! - Thanks Gearbest!
-Chuck :slight_smile:

Thanks for giving us so much information, especially since I’m waiting to get this very piece of awesome in the mail :bigsmile:

One thing confuses me, though: if the low mode only drains 42mA, which even on a relatively low-cap battery such as a 2600mAh translates to around 60 hours of runtime… how come does Olight specify it as only lasting 26 hours? Sure, being conservative with your measurements is all well and good, but that much difference seems like a gross miscalculation for a brand as renowned as Olight to let pass. 8-|

Thanks for reading Jack Kellar!
I don’t know how much is the difference when using two batteries for higher voltage. Olight and many other manufacturers use 2x CR123A (6V total) for testing run time.

That’s odd. Everything else matches when I did a test by dividing a certain capacity by the current you measured. Moonlight runtime match a 3400mAh’s capacity, Turbo matches a 2600mAh, while Medium runtime stays between what a 3100 and a 2600 would supply. Meanwhile, Low would theoretically run for 61.9h on a 2600, and up to 80.95h on a 3400 one.

It’s really puzzling to me that they wouldn’t match exactly on such a low-strain mode…