Olight SR Mini problems

Let’s hope that Going Gear doesn’t know about this thread :smiley:

Olight should absolutely compensate you for the postage to send it back!
Email going gear about it.

Going Gear wants you to exchange it with Olight directly?

They do know about it, when I asked them about repairing/exchanging the light, I pointed them right to the thread.
When they gave me an RMA number, and said “contact us with any questions”… I pointed them to message 12 in this thread (where I think I figured out what was going on).

No, I’m sending it to GG. The warranty (in the box) says to return it to the original seller in the first 30-days, so I wanted to try Going Gear before contacting Olight.
I tried your store first to order the light but you didn’t have it listed at the time… :frowning:
Nowadays Illumination Supply is always my first stop for all things flashlight :slight_smile:

Here’s something to think about…

Maybe the star isn’t screwed down in any of the lights.

Maybe they push the legs of the optic into the star, and then turn the star until it lines up with the holes in the heatsink, push it down into the heatsink holes, and then screw on the bezel.

Does that work? Sure.
Is it faster/cheaper to manufacture that way? Sure.

Here’s the potentially big headache I see for Illumination Supply, Going Gear, Battery Junction, and anyone else selling the light.

Joe 6-Pack buys the light. Thinks the “Gift” crenelated bezel is cool. “Let’s put it on, they give you the screws and the Allen wrench… easy as pie”.

OK. Take off old bezel. Optic pops up because the Star isn’t screwed down, and maybe rotates out of place.

Now; looking down at the optic, you can’t really see through it.
Meaning you can’t really see the wire that’s soldered to the switch, that wraps around one of the parabolas of the optic.
Turning that optic 90-degrees will probably rip the wires off the switch.
Maybe Joe 6-pack can’t get the bezel to fit right at first try (and he probably doesn’t know the optic/star is out of place).
Maybe he figures out the optic needs to be twisted into position to seat correctly. Uh-oh! what about the switch-wire hazard???
Sounds like a recipe for a high customer return rate. That’s no fun when you’re the reseller (which I know firsthand having previously worked for a catalog/retail store company).

Well, we’ll have to see what others on BLF/CPF find inside. Hopefully it’s just my light (for everyone else’s sake)

“quality promise” :Sp

Thanks, TT! It’s always good to have guys like you around that understand the electronics better than I. :slight_smile:

I got my replacement today from Going Gear (thanks!).

Open package… look at light… odd that two of the optics are yellow (as expected from the die color), but the third one is basically clear in color with a blurry black streak. Well, that’s most likely the switch wire up against the optic.

Fill the holders with a 6-pack of CR123s. Nothing, it doesn’t work. :frowning:
OK, now let’s try 18650s… it lights! I use it for maybe a minute at the most; it’s not as bright as I expected.

Why is the one lens different from the other two (not yellow in color as you look down at it)?
I’m just curious, let’s take a look:

I’m speechless.
I just got a Sunwayman F40 in the mail from Banggood for about 1/2 of the price of this. It’s perfect.
This is pathetic.
I don’t want to send this back to Going Gear again; and I think I’d like to have my money back from Olight.

Wow thats baaad, send it straight back and id want olight to reimburse all my shipping costs

Strick9 (great name BTW :)!),

That’s a new feature… integrated emitter and wiring :)!

Sorry, I know that this is not funny :(…

WOW! that is bad luck!

yeah, you better send it back and ask for a full refund and buy something else, this is really bad luck.

I emailed Olight, they’re going to have me return the light to Going Gear.

I have to ask the question that makes everyone groan on BLF/CPF.

So I got interested in lights back when the ROP (Roar of the Pelican) was the hot ticket in flashlights.
Going back to my first post…

So I’m still working on my first 18650 light.

Here’s the question…
What’s a good multi-emitter floody light that’s actually reliable (and decently built)???

For its price the warrior is a nice light, I love mine

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005041/1395406-fandyfire-yl-u2-3cree-xm-l-u2-5-mode-2200-lumen-wh

Will Olight pay for your shipping?
Did you pay to return the first one?

Wow. Fabulous quality control Olight! :bigsmile: 0/2
First time, ok nobody is perfect. Second time, is it bad luck or just bad quality control?

Going Gear paid for the shipping to return the 2nd light, and gave me full credit for the light.
A+ to Going Gear.
F- to Olight until they straighten out their QA.

I’m still looking for the perfect multi-emitter floody…
I have my eye on the EagleTac MX25L3C with the Nichia 219s.
July-4 sales are right around the corner, I’ll have to keep my eyes open for a deal on Eagletac lights.
I see it’s exactly the same price everywhere, I guess they’re one of those vendors that enforces MSRP. :frowning:

How is the thermal path between LED board and heatsink? Does the flashlight body function as effective heatsink?

Well, I haven’t had much use of my SR (because button top NCR-s that I ordered for this light from WB never left china and I currently only have flat tops)
but I had to play a bit with it, using ICR18650-26FU cells, and on turbo it gets warm pretty quickly, in like 40-50 seconds so, I would say that the thermal path is good…

If you want something like the perfect flooder… you might want to consider stepping up to something like the MM15.

I've contacted both Banggood sales (Summer) and PM'd Neal from BG and haven't had a response from either of them and sent them video showing that my SRMini is no longer functioning at all. If I don't hear a response from either I will have to just review the light as is. It will be my easiest review ever.

Why can't you show us a photo of your light with the bezel and optics removed?

And why don't you?