Opinions on Elzetta lights

I remember when I started collecting flashlights, a test to which I submitted them was the washing machine; a washing cycle and I saw where I had to intervene to make them better. Over the years I know from experience what I have to do, but sometimes I put them back in the washing machine.
I have only one short film of that period, it is from 2010.
Ah! I remember that I also put a small flashlight in the blender, it gave me indications on break points due to violent, continuous and destructive impact

By coincidence, I ordered my first Elzetta last week (Bones), with optional floody lens, and quickly did some runtime graphs. The Bones is designed to also work with an 18650. Although Elzetta claims the output is highly regulated, that's ONLY using CR123 batteries.

Elzetta claims the following:

What they don't say - is that the steady regulation ONLY occurs if you use CR123 batteries. As you can see in the runtime graphs below, if you use an 18650, the regulation slopes down from beginning to end.

Also, the Texas Ace Calibrate Lumens Tube measured 555 lumens, not 650. And, if using the optional floody lens, it dropped down to 340 lumens (a dissapointing 39% drop in output). I may use the DC-Fix diffusion film, which in the past, has only dropped the output of my other lights by about 10-12%.

Relatively good regulation for about an hour using the two supplied Battery Station CR123. I exceeded Elzetta's listed runtime by 3 min.

Orbrtonix protected 10A 18650 (3,500mah)

Samsung INR18650-25R (capacity tested at 2,471mah)

[quote=elbakan1]

[quote=elbakan1]

You recharge CR123 primaries???

I also have 15 years old Energizer CR123 still going. My guess is the L91 (AA) uses the same technology as CR123 and after 10 years they were still good and the manufacturer decided to print the labels with 20 year shelf life, I don’t think they changed anything in manufacturing to make them last longer. Probably the same with CR123 except they still come with 10 year shelf life printed. But, 30 years? I don’t know.

Thanks for the review. I think it did very well. If you compare it to a Surefire and how fast they drop.

Did you get the 555 lumens with CR123A cells or the 18650 ?

18650. Using CR123s gives about 20 lumens higher - no significant difference. I suspect the better regulation on the CR123 is because of the higher voltage.

Yes, these lights seem far superior to Surefire.