OPUS BT-C3100-Stock Fan VS. Top Tier Delta fan

The Liion is 1mm bigger because the BT is bigger. The shrink wrap is on top of the insulator in my Mt. BT’S.

I DO NOT contradict myself!!

There is not a dimes worth of difference.!!

One being taller is only about a penny’s worth of difference…… IF THEY ARE BOTH INSTALLED THE SAME!!!

IF BOTH BUTTON TOPS EXTEND ABOVE THE CELL INSULATOR/WRAP TO MAKE PROPER CONTACT!!!

NOW… READ WHAT I SAID!!!

I am looking at a photo. Both button tops appear to extend enough that contact would be no problem…. so IF that is the case and ALL else is equal… one can be no better or worse than the other. THAT… is what I am saying. :slight_smile:

• 1. Why does the body of the left cell appear longer?
  • 2. What is the overall length of each cell…. top of button to bottom of cell?

There is no rhyme or reason to my “preference” in this case. I am assuming the things I mentioned are ALL equal… so this preference is based on nothing but the choice of the moment.

Why do I choose Vanilla Icecream some days & Chocolate the other. But YET Butter Pecan might just trump them both many days.

OR, on a hot summer day Orange sherbet may very well get the nod…. :smiley:

BUT…… they are all good icecream of the same high quality. Just a slightly different flavor. :slight_smile:
One is no better or worse than the other… the choice is based on “personal preference”, not quality.

Take a tranquilizer! :wink:

I am kind of new to this flashlight stuff but this is the charger I got. An Opus 3100 2.2. Do you think I should change the fan now or wait to replace it with the new one? Also, is it difficult to rewire the fan like DB did?

I wouldn’t worry about it till it starts making noise—i have one thats 2 yrs old still going strong—get the upgraded power supply though—No big deal modding fan—just splice in the old connector on the new fan—- I cut some of the slats out of the bottom case to let more air through—also most guys are lifting the charger off its feet with something for better air flow

Thanks for the info chops. Thanks to wolfdog, also.

Ya I would leave good enough alone. I wouldn’t mess with the fan until it quits the unit doesn’t run right.

I paid like $6 for a upgraded power supply, super night one on eBay. There are others from a little higher. But works great

:smiley: … I’m good. :wink:

I just wanted to make sure nobody thought Richard was putting out junk. :+1:
IF they are installed properly, the height of the button makes no difference…… as long as there is room for good contact.

IF NOT installed properly, it could & would most likely make a world of difference…. on either one.

I was not disagreeing with you, my preference is like the ones on the right too. BUT the ones on the left are just fine if installed properly.

:wink:

Power supply? I thought we were talking about replacing the fan. What’s this about a power supply?

You might want to reread some of the post—I mentioned a upgraded Power Supply also

See the thread below. Start reading at post # 124

I also have a top tier power supply[Lite-on] because of issues mentioned and experienced in the thread below

Yeah blinker, as has ready been said; two seperate issues. If yours ain’t broke, don’t worry about it. BUT, IF you determine yours has one or both of the issues, these two threads have the answers. :slight_smile:

For instance, my 3100 v2.2 had the crappy powersupply issue; which was remedied by thr LiteOn power supply. But I had no issue with cooling.

IIRC chops chargers had no issue with either, while wolfdogs had issue with power supply & cooling.

Just figure out where yours stands and if you need to fix eithet of these two issues you have all the info you need to do so right here in these threads. :slight_smile:

Only Balanced and Transient Free power charges my cells

I think you win Mr. Chops……

Did you look into other fans before deciding to purchase the Delta? I know Delta is a trusted name but their fans are really loud. A quick search turned up a few fans that have higher rated CFM although I’m not sure if we can trust their specs.

Do you have any links to what you found?

Welcome to BLF also. :slight_smile:

I found a few, but these three are good candidates. Sunon is probably the most trusted among these three, followed by the fan sold by FrozenCpu.

https://www.amazon.com/Gdstime-2-5cm-Small-Brushless-Cooling/dp/B00MYNWUP4

/\ Thanks for the links…. :slight_smile:

I have contacted Henry 3 times since August 25,2017…about every 10 days after the initial email… NO REPLY

I am baffled why all of the sudden he does not respond. We exchanged dozens of emails in April and May of 2017. He was very efficient and prompt,no more!

Did something happen to him? Did he get another job?,If so,someone in the company probably would have responded.

Hmmm… that does seem strange. That has been a bit over 3 weeks. … possibly he is taking vacation / time off.