Osram Oslon 3rd Gen 6500k tested in Courui D01, Plus De-Doming trials.

Nice work. The fumes would have added a nice aroma to the work area. Good luck with the testing.

No more fooling around. Just go straight at that dome with a blow torch.

Great experimentation, lots of unlucky failures but you already found a great performance, well done. The prize is a new king of throw!! :partying_face:

djozz is one I would never argue with. I’m glad this is going to turn out ok and is a terrific win for FmC.
Tell me you have never been wrong before djozz. :sunglasses:

Lol - I don’t know about a terrific win, but thanks for the well wishes.

So far, the problem is repeatability. The guys who are building lots of lights are not going to dive in & buy a reel of these for a lot of hastle & a 1 in 5 hit rate.

Anyone try to shave one yet?

You can’t shave right down to the phosfor because the bond wires are sticking out. I tried shaving down to exactly the bond wires, and the performance was not good.

Update; Installed LED #1 into the Courui, & after a bit of fiddling with shims, it was able to produce 410KCd.

The other issue with this emitter is finding the correct cell to use in conjunction with the FET drivers, to avoid over current when the cell is full.

A centering ring that fits would be nice as well… :slight_smile:

Well done. May I ask what a dedomed XPG2 was and I guess you will take pics tonight?

The best I saw in the exact same light was 440KCd from the XP-G2 S4 2B.

As for the beamshots, I think I have about the same ratio of bad to good as I had in the OP with the dedoming…

410 vs 440 is very promising, only 7% less! With the unregular die shape of the dedomed Square, is the beam much affected in the Courui?

White-wall hunting in low modes, it has the two ‘eyes’, but real world use, it’s a nice hotspot. I’ll try to get a decent photo.

Snapped a couple of mobile pics;

That is one round intense light beam. A bit like my, well I best l leave that one alone. :slight_smile:
It’s a really nice couple of shots. Thanks.

Looks fine to me :slight_smile: