[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Ah well i must be mistaken in thinking AA cells are much shorter then 32650 cells, i was under the impressoon naming of cells xxyyz meant xx diameter, yy length, z shape so silly me thought AA /14500 was 15-20mm shorter thus making a baby Q8 the Q4 in same size ratios as Q8 possible.
You make me scratch my head here for when I place any AA next to a 18650/26650 cell I clearly see the difference in length, I have bad eyes but my whole family agrees and me, my wife and my son are sure no fatter 26650 could fit in an area filled with 4 AAs unless seriously deformed to fill the gaps ….

If you try to shrink the light enough that the difference in the 14500 length matters then it won’t be able to be an e-switch light if you want it to be practical. There will be no way to hold it comfortably while still having easy access to the button. You need the extra length anyways, it might as well be useful length.

The difference is a mere 15mm anyways, if that is so important simply swap to using a TIR optic over a reflector and you make up the length difference.

To be comfortably held in the hand with easy access to the button you will need an overall length at the very least of ~110-120mm.

I have a nitenumen NE01, that is the shortest I could see a e-switch light being made and still be usable, it is already uncomfortable for me and I have to reposition it after every mode change. It measures in at 110mm and is much easier to hold then a 4x 14500 light in the hand.

Plus if you want it to be able to be used with both AA and 14500 cells then it will need to use a cell carrier for best performance so that the AA’s can be held in series, that means the length will be right back at the same or more then a 65mm cell.

A light like the TK4A holds great, doesn’t use carrier and AA cells.
Lol, no I am not going to make this into a yes/no game, again, if one does not like a format just don’t sign up for it or buy it.
A little off topic can be fun if it is fun, so please start a project or topic about 32650 light(s), their merits and make a nice thing for that trustfire cell of only $12 :stuck_out_tongue: It sure will not fit in the Q4 I plan on having made :wink:
Let’s get back on topic here shall we :wink:

Update, Thijsco made latest adaptations and the CAD files are emailed to Neal!
Will try to post a pic of the look tomorrow and update the list while editing the OP.

The TK4A is 115mm long, smack in the middle of my minimum length statement and also entirely possible to do with a 32650 cell. Which was exactly my point, the length difference is inconsequential. The flashlight will end up the same size regardless just due to ergonomics.

I totally agree with Texas Ace. 26650 or 32650 tube with 14500 carrier. And everybody happy. I would never buy a 4xAA or 4x14500 flashlight if this two the only battery option.

Sigh…
This is GT topic :wink:

Update, Thijsco made latest adaptations and the CAD files are emailed to Neal!
Will try to post a pic of the look tomorrow and update the list while editing the OP

Sorry :innocent:
I’m excited for Q8, and the GT also, but the baby Q8 idea is also fun :slight_smile:

Personally I like 40152 batteries better :stuck_out_tongue:

What you say is sound T_A, you have sold me on the ideal.
Start a thread & let’s see if this train will roll.
I have a feeling more than a few would climb aboard. :+1:

+1 to this to. I have a couple of single 14500 hot rod triples. They are indeed cool “toys”…. but run time is worse than poor.

The “monkey balls” comment made me chuckle…… :smiley:

OP updated
list should be right

pic added from latest iteration of design Thijsco emailed to Neal yesterday!

A fine looking specimen if I do say so

yeah, here is a pic with sizes, still hard to grasp the actual size of this monster

Sign me up for one please. Thanks!

The Miller, thank you. That is one BAFL. Your above pictures with dimensions allowed me to resize my window on the 32 inch monitor and see it “real size”. Maybe I can convince my Father he needs this light, he lives in a rural area and has space to let it shine. It is simply too big for me.

A small step back to OT: So we have to use 26500 cells, but that wouldn’t be a big advantage to 4 x 14500 for capacity and max. amps: 26500 | akkuteile.de
(My main aim was to use 26650 cells and not 32650 cells. But 32650 cells would have been possible too.)
… but now it will stay a 4x 14500 flashlight. And I hope it will be great too. I hope for 5000-6000 lumens. I think 7000 would be impossible.

No the GT is aimed at 2 x 4S 18650 or 1 x 4S 18650

This is not the Q4 topic, there is none ATM but please use the donations topic for future projects it seems a very logical place :wink:

sigh….

The quoted post above has also left me scratching my head. :open_mouth: … :weary:

It is very condescending & rude to T_A if one has read the prior posts.
Oh there was an attempt, transparent as it was; at “sly rudeness”: I’ll give it that… but rude none the less.
It leaves me wondering why. :question:

You know, I have heard it said recently, that how things are said is just as important as what is said.

I also read where a “smiley” can be used to show good intent and as attempt not to come over as rude or arrogant when someone writes something.
Interesting………. I do not see any?

Maybe it’s just me? Then again maybe it’s not just me?

Either way, just so there is no question; I would be the one that marked the post RUDE. :wink:

Now moving on…… GT is looking real good. :+1:

Oh yeah, sorry about your “bad eyes” too…. I hope there is something that can be done for them. :+1:

list updated

Sometimes English is not a persons native tongue so things come across differently.
Maybe write your reply in French and see if it comes across exactly how you meant it.

Yeah 3000 posts!

Now, pls keep it ontopic.