[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Wow DEL - those measurements leave no doubt, for sure. The police strobe is cool, then PWM is shown clearly, and the ramping,and plotted! Wow!! I'll have to show that post to my EE buddy here. Of course they do this kind of stuff all the time, but our scopes, analyzers and stuff are somewhat dated.

Very nice and stable driver there, should work very well indeed!

That smooth turn-on bites us just a little when we want to strobe or PWM. You may want to stretch the strobe on-time a little, for example.

But that is the compromise for getting nice constant current control.

At work you probably have pro-grade stuff. Some of the old gear is hard to beat.

THANKS MR.SCOTT!
List in correct order taken the more then one people into acount updated in post 2!

Damn $111… , im sure its gonna be worth it for a super thrower . i better start saving . :smiley:

Add me to the list for one please.

Yeah but for $111.00 you sure are getting a heck of a deal! I own 4 of the Lumitop SD75’s XHP70 lights, that I have modded. I think it is the biggest or one of biggest light’s Lumintop makes, and I have had many go through my hands, and IMHO, Lumintop quality is excellent, first class, best in class. Sure the driver was nothing to be excited about 5-6amps stock, crummy UI, hold to turn on, hold to shut down, but the quality, is Aces!

The Lumintop quality is right up the with the Thrunite TN42, I don’t think the miller and the boy’s couldn’t have done any better, great job getting Lumintop onboard Guy’s!!! :wink:

Personally I’m very excited for this, it’s going to be Amazing!! :+1:

Please add me to the list

Me too please.

you really should get out more, buy a few more lights, jump on into this light hobby full bore, and quit messing around :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
fine collection sir, im jealous :wink:

Put me in for 1 please!

oh don’t get me wrong , i am sure it is going to be an amazing light . Its just that anything over 100 is a big purchase for students like me living on a budget . Being into lights can sometimes be a costly hobby, Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue: . But all i gotta do is put away a few dollars away in a jar everyday and ill have enough when the pm comes into my inbox. I already got a sum hidden away for the Q8 , im just waiting for the pm right now. :slight_smile:

Yes the Q8 is not cheap and the GT I see as really expensive.
Can’t sugercoat it. All we can do is make it worth every cent and deliver something that despite being expensive outperformes the even more expensive competition.
Then it still is a BLF worthy light…

Thanks for your kind words Kawi! It is Neal who has the contacts ands wits to arrange Lumintop.
And we are so lucky to have him onboard for besides knowing his stuff and having a lot of experience with all sorts of manufacturers, Neal is a true flashoholic and just as excited to see a real life GT as the rest here on BLF and in the team, so it is not just a sale thing for him, awesome! Big thanks are due to him.

Hey Miller, still in time to participate?

I really want to start seeing prototypes and stuff instead of the talk (No offense intended)… :smiley:

Post 2 has a rather good list
Note that I will remove my second entry so I am not taking the first second (yes written correctly)
You see there are spots for first entries left.

Yeah Lumintop is checking the driver files ATM

Neal still works for BG?

Wasn’t he fired?

Or is this another different Neal that works for Lumintop?

Yes Neal worked for BG, I don’t know if he works for or with Lumintop on the GT, I do know he knows a lot of people and manufacturers.

I don’t think it matters. By the time the GT comes out, at the rate requests are coming in, we will have 555+ requests for a 1st light.

In for one

Thanks