[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

IF…. the list are correct prior to the last add, you made it man……. :beer:
555 will be your lucky number now maybe. :+1:
At least it wasn’t 666……. :frowning:

With many details & beamshots I hope!!! :smiley:

Condo Commandos will be calling the law when you light it all up to see who is invading………. :wink:

You might even have to change your username to chops554 to commemorate the achievement. :smiley:

Yes OK will add wimmer(21) next list update.
Sure not all will actually order bit we’ll have to see later

Scanning quickly I read the bold words above. :open_mouth:

Even if it is full, people can/should still sign up. With a list this long (and no down payment required) some people may change their mind or (sadly) may not be able to afford it when it becomes available.

Indeed, plus the longer the waiting list is the better. It will show manufactures that crazy lights like this are worth it, people want it.

I really hope its not the case, but depending on when this pops up, I may not be able to afford it.

Hi,

I’m in.
Add me to the list please.

Thanks

Damn nice. I got lucky… I probably should start do my battery order. Is this light need unprotected or protected? Flat top or button top? Cause I am going to need 8 x18650.

:smiley: … That’s good Mr. Scott, I bet you were shocked on first reading that. :wink:

Hahaha a GT as headlamp :slight_smile:

Too soon for ordering cells and with a max of 8*555=4440 cells needed sure some actions like there were for the Q8 can be done later.
The led only needs 2,5A so that could mean any cell would do.

Good news, Lumintop had started making a driver prototype, do there is progress yet again :slight_smile:

2.5A, interesting. I would love to see a constant current (on all modes) driver.

That type of driver is currently being designed?

DEL made this:

I guess I should add to the ‘some numbers’ above that ‘pure analog dimming’ implies constant current regulation. There is some ripple on the current, but as per the scope shots somewhere above, this ripple is very small, typically < 2%.

This is the modified Narsil software ramping the output up from 0 A to 2.5 A and down again:

PWM is only used to get < 500 mA (the two fat blobs on the trend). Purists might want to sacrifice some electrical efficiency and use analog dimming down to 50-100 mA. This is all set in firmware and could even be a user-selectable option.

I like big bucks and I cannot lie. That is a big, beautiful circuit. As Paris Hilton would say, that buck chip doesn’t run hot, it’s hawt.

Got a different place that can be hosted? It requires a login with permission.

Oops - fixed it. It is from way back on this thread:

post 3377

“I like big bucks and I cannot lie.” :smiley:

Is the strobe using the buck level to make current rise and fall, or using PWM to turn the buck on and off? Would the strobe rise time be faster with the PWM method it uses for low modes? The low-mode PWM seems much faster, but it’s not rising as far… so I don’t know if the same method would work at full power.

I’ve never used this type of circuit so I don’t know what to expect from it.

Ikr, without a quick-detach belt clip this light cannot be considered as perfect!
Also did I mention that I am going to cigar-grip this light when I use it as an EDC light? :smiley:

If you reverse the clip, your can attach it on the brim of a baseball cap. And presto, you have a mega headlight. :person_facepalming:

Heheh being out of this world I think only a minor Deity can do such thing :slight_smile: