[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

From others testing, yes it generally nets a bit higher throw and lumen numbers at the cost of being very hard to do properly from all accounts. Be prepared to kill a few LED’s while doing it. You will also end up with the classic green tint shift to some degree.

Nice nice (yeah with two prototypes arriving I said it twice :wink: )
Pretty impressive for a first run prototype if you ask me!
What a monster size and nice beam!!!

I am tempted to to that, although the 3D tint is one of my favorites i could live with the tint of the dedomed led. Not keen on the killing few leds tho, these are not 1.5$ xpg’s :smiley:

Is it that hard to dedome the xhp35? Nitro paint thinner wont help here?

The final LED tint has not be found by lumintop yet, we are asking for 3D but 3A might be available in a higher bin. We will see what they find.

From all accounts I have heard most do not even try to dedome them. I was sent a few of them that had the phosphor pulled off with the dome. Never tried it myself as I hate the tint shift. Plus I could not afford to kill one.

It is not a job for the faint of heart, that is for sure.

Last time I looking into, or attempted, dedoming an XHP, the only viable method was really to just “shave” them, basically creating a homemade HI version. Not sure anybody’s tested a home-shaved XHP35 HD vs the factory HI version, but I wouldn’t expect much gains to be had there. I could be out of date on that though. Maybe someone else has made advancements I missed.

Tint shift can be helped a little by getting an emitter with a redder tint to begin with. The 3D you’re supposed to get with this light is HI right? So, you’ll be buying an emitter anyway if you want to go the de-dome route. 4A would be better than 3D for keeping it out of the green. It’s a little warmer than 3D. But it’s a little lower than the BBL, compared to the 3D which goes a little over the BBL on the top side (more green).

Where to buy is not yet known.
This light is still in development.
The Miller is maintaining an interest list here on the forum.

the short version looks so much better to me. Any chance getting a short tube?

I bet that if we were to start an interest list for a short tube so LT would know how many people were interested, it is very likely that they would offer it. I want one. Is it possible to start a list that we could add our names to ourselves? I don’t want to make more work for anyone involved with the project.

If they decide to offer it I am pretty sure the short tube will be an add-on item just like the batteries. You will simply add it to your order at the time of payment.

They could also offer this short tube as an add-on filled with 4 extra batteries when LT takes the final orders.
The offer could be like the long tube filled with 8 cells+the short tube filled with 4 cells.So 12 cells in containers.
This way batteries could be shipped to those who have a hard time getting them shipped otherwise.
And those who have to use the 2 part shipping option this could work as well.

Well, what is the solution for the people (if any except me) who can not use PayPal? I have VISA Debit card. Maybe producer can open a Aliexpress page for payment.

For the tax, I do not understand about getting it in two. What does that mean? Like splitting into parts to avoid paying tax?

Yes two parcels means below 2KG for each, means tracked e-packet.
Sorry busy but will change title and OP with the links to the prototypes and such later.

Is it too late to be put down for one? If not I want in!

Yes that is possible.
Whettypur price is $111 or $150 remains to be seen though :slight_smile:

fuzun
Do you live in the EU?

Want one!!! Almost missed the second groupbuy option!

yeah i had 1.2 mill in my head also for this light or maybe a tad more
hope it continues to improve with more time, and more distance
my modded tn42 does an honest 770 k lux, so one would think with reflector size going from 3.5 inches to 5 inches, it would be all over 1.2 mill or so
is it a glass front or plastic ?

Could you please add me to the list for one. Thank you. (earlier requested in post #4651) Just in case it was overlooked.

No, I live in Turkey which is in Middle East I think.