[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

If I can still get in on one of these lists I’ve finally convinced myself that I need to have one. Thanks.

Can you send me the link here? Or pm me. I want to buy some in the future. NL don’t play… thanks

Yes it was the idea to have regulation for a long time so any matched cell would do
The losses in carrier and hopefully high fw of the LEDs used in the prototypes are a bit of a set back. We (no sorry the knowledgeable people so count me out :wink: ) try to fet it better
Just don’t order cells for the GT just yet.

I would like a spot on the list. Thank you!

Lol I unfortunately just put in a order for 8 x ncr18650b. I assumed they would do fine as the cells which lumintop is offering with the light seem to be rebranded ncr18650b. Here is to hoping tweaking the protype will allow my cells to provide good performance.

@ The Miller,

please put me on the list for a second BLF GT. I wrote this a few days ago too, but it is lost in the mass of posts.

Thanks
Robert

Yes, The Miller is correct - things are not settled yet so we can't be sure at this time. However, I would never recommend no name protection circuitry cells - it doesn't matter the cell itself is a good name brand like the Pana B's, the protection circuitry is what matters here, and it's origin and specifications is unknown, so you can only assume the worse at such low prices. Panasonic, SANYO, SONY (etc.) does not make or provide cells with protection circuitry - they are always added on by 3rd parties. Even the button tops are added on.

We have seen protection circuits not work, trip at low amp draws, or too high amp draws, and not protect or over protect at low voltage.

Funny in their ad, they spec the length as 65 mm, which is impossible for a Pana B protected cell. The PCB adds to the length: 18650 means 18x65.0 mm. Protected Pana B's would be in the range of 68 to 71 mm.

I give up. Put me down for one.

Off topic but has anyone talked to MEM recently?

I’m sold. Put me on the list for one.

I just received the four 30Q button tops that I ordered two weeks ago from Bangood for $12.99 with free shipping. They are so cheap I can’t not buy more at this price.

Do you have a link?

@ The Miller, sorry to cause additional work but can you take me off the list?

I’m number 404

Have to do some budget adjustments atm, and it doesn’t seem too bright in the near future so I have to cut down on my flashlight addiction.

On the bright side that means that someone is moving up on the list as I was in the original 555 :wink:

I’d love to get in on your place. I am abundantly over 600 over the line. :beer:

ok, time for more beamshots……. :+1: :stuck_out_tongue:

Three or four people have asked to be removed from the original list. When this is done that moves me into the first group. :slight_smile: Very Happy!!!

when will this available? Im on the first list and definitely don’t want to miss out!

Will this light have regulation…and no step-down?

Any recommendation for Aliexpress seller that:

- Sells genuine batteries &

• Suitable for this light

(gearbest / Banggood are not suitable since they no longer ship here…)

Hey,
Just want to say i hope the team will suggest a better finished reflector (less ‘rings’ etc…)
Because this light is basically as good as its reflector will be.