[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Couldn’t be possible something like the Convoy L2 two tubes?

Possible yes but not nearly as simple. You could not simply remove or add a tube at will. You would have tom completely change the cell setup in the carriers as well.

Basically for modders they could just as easily only fill a single cell carrier and leave the other empty if weight is an issue. By placing the full one at the back of the tube it should balance the light pretty well.

This light is going to be big no matter how you slice it, the only real goal is making it as balance and usable as possible.

If you just put a small hole on the tail cap and on the head then people can use a strap/sling to carry the weight of the light on their shoulder.
With a modular tube people would at least have the option of making the light more compact or much longer runtime even if 2-long is the recommended size for balance.

That was already built into the design if you look at the pictures I posted.

This issue is that is not possible with the drivers we will be using. The drivers will be setup for a particular cell setup and only that cell setup. So you would have to change the cell setup in the cell carrier to change the layout and as such offering stackable tubes is unwise as it would inevitably lead to be using them without changing the cell setup and frying the driver / LED.

I thought I got on this list, but with all the others, maybe not.
Anyway, put me down for 2 please.

Thanks!
Keith

Yeah I just noticed that sorry.

But if you add cells in parallel the voltage doesn’t change so you should be able to just add as many sections as you want…?

Interested

Adding sections in length will add the cells in series by default.

I was tossing the idea of making the cell carriers so that they would add the cells in parallel but it would be more complicated. It could be done if it was really wanted though.

Nice…… I like Massive! :wink: :+1: It’s going to need a rifle sling then All it’s missing is a Butt stock and pad to absorb Recoil! :smiley: Maybe get rid of the flats on the tube and put the branding on it like the new L6, nice and subtle, can’t stand when the flats aren’t indexed correctly, not square to the switch.

A big triple XHP70 reflector would be cool to see too! Flood/Throw BEAST!

Looking goood! :heart_eyes:

Just ask miller, I have been pushing for a Quad reflector head option for this from the first time it was mentioned lol.

I figured I would let a single emitter version get perfected first before bringing it up again.

I keep wondering how 4x reflectors half the size would compare to a single large reflector.

Renderings are perfect! Balance IS an issue …but why not individual tubes for the carriers? Stack em and/or mod it for later. I do like the idea of various centering rings for focus but to be determined.

I have both the X60 (5) and the X60M (3) and they are pretty dang impressive, some of the modded X60’s are in the 500-600kcd range, the modded X60M’s are just a massive wall of light, lit up a 40 acre hay field like it was day!

Like I said above, the drivers we will be using will not be capable of using different cell setups (unless people want to spend $25-30+ extra for such an ability).

Now if we setup the cell carriers right, they could be setup to add cells in parallel. It is more complicated and will most likely cost more but it is possible if there is enough demand.

I thought the sections would have positive and negative on both ends, so that you can just add as many as you want and they will always add in parallel.

With 4 batteries per section you have a ton of flexibility, each section would be 2s2p to run a 6v led, 4s1p for a 12v led, or you could go 1s4p for a regular 3v led (oh and some drivers can also take 2s for a 3v led).

I’m not sure if you chose what driver and LED to use yet, but just designing the battery holder in one of those 3 ways above would work perfectly.
Just fill up as many sections as you want to add to the runtime, or remove section tor educe size!

The carrier we had based the design on only has a contact on each end, basically it acts like a large battery.

It could be changed to a parallel setup though.

Ok that’s bloody humongous. I am interested big time now. Please pencil me in dependent on price. Although I think I’d give vital parts of my anatomy for this.

Thanks.

Hi! Add me to the list! )

This is a one of its kind, and I don’t think that the size is a problem. It even might be a good thing, off course if the performance is on par! :slight_smile: I am really glad if I can be honest, that the design is beautiful. It means an awful lot. Many lights are ugly as hell.

However as you can see most of the people are for a shorter tube. Or less batteries. Since the price point is the key factor here, whatever brings the cost down is good.

What kind of Amperage will be put if XPLHI is chosen, and what if XHP35HI is chosen? Will it be heavily over driven on turbo as we all like?

For all intents and purposes, I would like to think this light will get the “full treatment”.
Go all out, or don’t bother :slight_smile:
Drive it to the max (within reliable bounds) and give it maximum possible performance!
I was hesitant to get on board and place myself in the interested category but now, I’m all in. Looks freeeeekin awesome

I think with 8 batteries it is realy too big/long. With 1 emitter you has a very good runtime with 4 batteries as well.
If you want to extend the runtime than please make an extension for it, similar to the Fenix TK75.

But a battery-carrier is a very good idea and good for modding. I would love to see it on the Q8 as well! (But this was diskussed on the Q8 thead and declined because this is not the classic SRK-Design :cry: )
An optional aditional Battery-Carrier with tube fitting the Q8 too, would be fine!

I think here is not enough space for a tripod. One cooling fin has to be flatened too.