[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

One thing lumintop should make available is the front glass , some are bound to break sooner or later by dropping the light & being clumsy.

I’ve been looking at my switch cover and i think i got one of the opaque black covers . It is barely visible even when dark.

Opaque, of course, means not transparent. Which would mean it’s the wrong one.

If it’s visible at all, dark or otherwise, it’s the right one. :wink:

The lighted side switch doesn’t do a lot for us in this one, sure, it can tell us the cells are low, but it’ll step down and we’ll know anyway. I wouldn’t worry about it, but then I’m one of those that would cover the lights or disable them anyway.

Remember, if you ramp it down then turn it off the side light will be shut off via the “bug” that does this. Also if it’s locked out, the side switch isn’t lit.

We should see if SB will put a picture of the GT laying on its side with an SK68 standing in front of the lens as the boards title pic for a little LOL

I have found a place to shine 1.3 miles. My light tests out to do 1.38 miles, so I just have to get my wife and/or brother to assist me and I’ll get some beamshots to see if indeed it does the distance. :slight_smile: Wish me luck!

good luck, and be sure and put on a few dozen layers!
i tried other night on a tower 1.6 miles away but too many bad things stopping me

I have a known area I took from Google Earth out too, (IIRC) 1.13, 1.39, 1.48, 1.69, 2.1, 3.0+ miles. Along with many targets below 1.13 miles. I laid my screenshot (reference lines of sight) in yards

I pulled my GT out last night—My wife says—WOW it’s so big—-I said —— THANKS

She noticed you were excited. A good sign in a marriage :D

just curious

why other companies (such as acebeam who only use dhl) or other online sellers do not have to wait for 1 full pallet to make the shipment?

I mean neal/lumintop should deliver packets for countries other than US to dhl or post office and let those who arrange shipping. if country based still using, how long member for country that only, last say have <5 order will waiting for??

and if possible, please not to send the 3rd payment instructions before the rest of the 1st and 2nd payment instructions get delivery notes.

thank a lots TA

The spares (and accessories) for the GT, start the thread. That would be a great idea, all mentioned by others!

Sign me up!!

That is what i was wondering i actually kind of like it just enough to see the switch.

Handle and extra lens would be my top two accessories.

+1

A big candle shape diffuser about half the height of GT will be nice too.

+2 on the accessories! Hopefully when the dust clears, they will be able to offer some extra parts just in case!

With all the GT’s that have been delivered already, I am surprised we don’t see more photos/videos here for this beast! :crown:

Can I please have my light shipped already??? I was 36 on the list and 41 on the paid list! I really wanted to have it for my birthday (Is Today, BTW)

Happy Birthday to you, AlexGT. :partying_face:

How do you know other companies like Acebeam don’t have to wait for a full pallet? Have they ever done a group buy on a light not yet released to the public?

They probably do ship by pallets to their outside stores. They probably store up the inventory until they have several pallets, then ship them out to all their retail stores at one time. Maybe, I don’t know. If we did that, no one would get a light until all 800 orders were ready to go. Nobody wants to wait, so Neal ships them early.

You have to remember, these are not lights on a shelf waiting to be shipped, these are coming right off the production line and shipped out as soon as possible.

Why did he do pallets? I’m sure it was more cost effective and gets a lot of lights out quickly. Remember that the first 555 are sold at $115 including shipping. There is no profit there. There may be even a lose on every light. So it makes sense to ship them in the most cost effective manner.

I doubt there will be many more pallets. Maybe one to Europe? Most lights will have to be shipped as individual packages.

We hope to get all 800 current orders out by mid January, THEN all the new orders will come in and be paid for. TA does not want Neal to be overloaded so he is going to time the new purchases just right depending on the situation. :+1:

Happy Birthday :slight_smile: