[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Do you think so many of us are buying them because we spend so much time without electricity?

When I read along, watching your "Team" video, and read more, it's refreshing to see in direction of what you speak. Here in your words relating reflectors, I envision closing my eyes imagining looking into a mirror. I do not know what the back of a mirror is coated with, though I know over aging time the coating degrades and flakes away, distorting the image reflected back. I see a reflector as seeing myself, clean and new. Complete. A reflector with any form of mark is an anomaly, distorting the visual path no matter how small. Yes, I think any distortion would not reflect what I am expecting to see. Anomalies are like a smudge to a camera.

Bare with me everyone. I'm having a geek moment.

Left photo is razorsharp, right photo is blurry.

Nothing to compare, really. Am I missing something?

My light just arrived :-) 36€ tax :-| but AWESOME.

I ordered with batteries, to Europe (Germany). Cannot have a look at it now, am at work and package at Hackerspace.

Had no notice or info about the shipping, neither from neal/lumintop nor from DHL.

here it is only ~21€ + shipping and then +19% tax and from ~140€ onwards, depending on the product, additional duty.

The EU is quite protective :stuck_out_tongue:
but the tax was already planned in and all our birds can fly :wink:

It seems a team member removed the links in post #1. Maybe by accident or on purpose, I don’t know. I will ask around.

For now, if you want to see the paid lists, just go back 50 pages or so when I was posting the links on every page and you can still see/download them.

Try this link.

So more EU people have the light. Did any of you EU guys get DHL notification?

Got mine today !!! Thank you GT Team :+1: !!!
Very good first impressions.
First thing I checked was the reflector :stuck_out_tongue: , it’s not as smooth as some of my other torches, but for the money it’s fine. Not a deal breaker at all.
The tint…as I suspected……orange :confounded: ….and it’s fine……if you like orange :innocent:

……can anyone suggest where to buy a 5000-6000K led?

Fairly sure it’s the same here in AU, yet I could have sworn earlier some people mentioned getting hit with fees for items under a thousand being imported.

this. i’ve already paid for a 2nd unit but if that’s going to be in the works before it’s shipped that’d be great!

no import tax but our exchange rate is crap…. 30% dearer >.<

I wish it was easier to upload photos here, I did some shots comparing the Niwalker BK-FA09S 2400lm 1490m VS the BLF GT.
Is there a way to upload directly instead of uploading to another website then linking here?

As far as I know there us not. They have to be on a hosting site.

No, sorry.

If I am not satisfied with the quality of the reflector I send it back to Neal or Lumintop and ask for a replacement. Most Chinese company’s will send you a new one, just to prevent to much negative talk about their product on the internet. There is much attention for this light. So Lumintop must act correctly when someone is not satisfied. Although we get the GT at a very low price, we are still customers who have the right to receive a perfect product. The question is, what is perfect? Well a reflector only performs well if it is like a mirror. Light has to bounce in a specific direction. Every rub in the surface will bounce the light in the wrong direction if you are part of a thrower. For myself, I will look critically, but I have also in the back of my head that this is not a 3000 dollar Germany made light. The production costs are on a budget, so Lumintop tries to make the best light at the lowest costs. So it’s up to each member of BLF to accept this light as it is or to contact Lumintop. They have a great aftersales if you ask me. I don’t think the team has to take care of the individual complaints. It seems a good thing to stay in contact with Neal about quality issues, but that happens already.

Post #1 has been updated with some shipping news. The same info that’s been in this thread.

It’s still not clear if these latest shipments all went out the same day or over different days. It seems pallets are no longer being used, which I suspected would be the case. I still have no idea how many lights went out. I’ll update post #1 as I learn more.

Just post them on imgur then link here. It’s the easiest way if you don’t have hosting of your own.

Just another great reason to move to NZ.

You sold me. Make room in the guest room im packing my GT and Ill be my way Tomorrow.

Just got a call from the DHL-Customs Office, my parcel arrived in Germany.
German customs wants to have the PayPal receipt for calculating the Import Sales Tax
They are arriving :sunglasses:
Ordered 1 BLF GT with batteries
Got no notification in advance !