[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

They really have gone above and beyond with packaging though. When you get a pile of 18650’s in a little grey plastic bag and each cell is in a tiny weeny bit of cardboard I can understand.

This light is packaged super well. Loads of foam, loads of padding. not a chance for anything to move.

no notice for me, just a courier arriving at my door in the morning.

Send Texas_Ace a PM

I think I’ll just wait til the end of the day and see what happens - I’m sure Neal will have been in contact with TA over the night.
I had asked for mine to be changed to dhl, but with no reply and now this I’m unsure as to what is happening now…… I must admit I did think it was the ones with batteries as I’d seen a few people say about it.

It is for this,why I didn’t want the light to have a written name on it.I was seeing into the future,knowing the Customs’ officers.If it was a no name product,it would be easier for this to slip below Customs radar.

I received my Flashlight, I ordered it with the batteries, shipped with DHL option, though it arrived with a TNT Label.

I can also confirm that this camera shoulder sling works quite well with it:

They ship flashlights once a week.

If what they mentioned is true , that last dhl shipments will be sent next week , if you changed to DHL yesterday it will be shipped next week .

(I wrote this based on what TA and Jason write here)

A few thoughts so far.

I love the tint, I was getting concerned with all the talk about the tint a while back that it was going to be really warm but I think it’s fantastic!

The performance is outstanding, it definitely lives up to it’s name and the UI is great!

The size! I still can’t get over it!! I used to think my TK61 was a large light but this thing absolutely dwarfs it, in fact it dwarfs every light I own!

Message received:)

Do not worry
I am also from the first batch, #49
I paid on December 2, #240
I ordered by DHL

It was not sent yet

It is shipped when it is shipped

This was a mistake pure and simple and like was said, Neal didn’t send anything, he just provides a list to lumintop who then ships the orders.

As was said, this is due to the new regulations on lithium batteries. This must have been what they meant when they said they had to make some changes to the lithium cell shipping and get a new permit.

They are indeed still 3500mah cells.

All we know right now is that most of the DHL orders finished shipping last week and registered mail is suppose to start shipping with the next order. No word on when they will actually start going out the door though. Possibly this week but don’t be surprised if it is next week as they sort out the best method to do the registered mail.

I also asked them to ship the 2 halves of the light several days or a week apart from each other to minimize the chances of them showing up at the same time.

The box mine was shipped in was a plain box with nothing on it. The only give away was lumintop branded packing tape. The box inside that box has BLF GT on it.

For those asking about a refund.

If you are asking because you are worried you will not get your light, rest assured, everyone will get their light, just give it some time.

If you want a refund for some other reason, then let us know and we will get it processed as quick as possible.

No, politicians and bureaucrats without a clue are what cause overreaching regulations. Companies that do things safely like Lumintop get screwed while the ones shipping fake batteries prone to explosions continue to do so without proper packaging.

I was blown away by the quality from a-z on this light for only about $150. That includes the packaging.

After having given the information that 2 DHL (TNT) shipments of lights with batteries to the UK have been refused for shipping from HK (one twice I think) I assume that the problem is with the package labelling & not the package value ?
If it had been the package value then they would have arrived at UK customs & the buyer would have been contacted to pay the VAT & shippers processing fees.
If this is indeed the case then it makes no sense for Neal to increase the value on the packages to $50 as this is not the problem & will just cause extra expense for UK buyers.
I would suggest that Neal/LT send the remaining UK lights that do not include batteries, both DHL & registered shipping, as per originally envisaged & valued at the agreed $25.
UK destined lights with batteries will either have to have the battery labelling altered to conform with regs or be shipped without batteries, & therefore no battery labelling will be needed.
Those batteries will either need to be shipped separately to the lights or just accept that the lights can”t be shipped to the UK with batteries included & refund the few people, I think in the first 850 it is only 2 or 3, for the batteries they have purchased.
Good 18650”s can be purchased by those couple of UK members affected from various Chinese sites & delivered to the UK without any issues or from European suppliers such as NKON.
Just my thoughts.

Anyone like to sell their BLF GT? Or does anyone know if Lumintop will be selling them to the public? I had no idea this was going on otherwise I would have joined the waiting list.

I’m surprised at how many seem to be OK with a company drastically misrepresenting the value of products and intentionally mislabeling something like batteries simply so they can acquire these products easily and cheaply.

I guess it leaves the question in my mind, “If they’re willing to mislead governments in order to sell products, what are they willing to do to consumers?”

Not attributing any of that to you, TA.

They will be for sale after this GB is over through lumintop’s normal outlets.

Although I am sure there are some who already have the GT that would be interested in selling it as well.