[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thats very well said Johny, really it’s only a small handful making this thread go sour,there’s lots of good customers watching this thread silently and patiently.

Well said johny723 & tommydadog!! . :+1:

Can't wait for this one to hit the market so I can get it. It will be the godzilla of my collection so far.

I did have one question after looking at the unboxing video on page-1 of this thread. The first GT beam had a whiter tint and the newer one had a much more yellow tint. When these are available for sale, can we choose the whiter tint?

They all come with the same LED, the video makes it look much more yellow then it is in the real world due to the white balance being biased to the CW but if you want to change the tint after you have the LED RMM is offering to reflow a cooler LED to the mcpcb for you to swap in.

That's good to know there is an option. When it comes to market, I'll still order it as it may be more than white enough for me, thanks.

Sad but true.

Yep…. very true. The squeaky wheel get’s the grease…. whether it needs it or not.

Very unfortunate, & in the case of the GT…… extremely unfortunate for some.

Hopefully, if & when there is another Group Buy for something…. lessons have been learned by ALL.

the gt has finally landed, and the dust settles……

ahhhhh……

I am willing to change for registered shipping to DHL if that will help get my light faster.

Any ideea how many of them have been shipped?

I have added mine

No BLF Name Flashlight Value Req ($) Shipping Cost Req ($) Total Cost Req ($)
1 bella-headlight
2 Sonofspectrum
3 polarweis 15 10 25
4 777
5 G0OSE
6 mrheosuper 40
7 LEDtec
8 gregor
9 Megabassie 15 10 25
10 DBSAR
11 magnet
12 martook
13 Geese 40
14 xxx 39 19 58
15 Mops1 15 10 25
16 Dralf 15 10 25
17 jkbam - - -
18 james y 15 10 25
19 FritzHID - - -
20 Silent_Star 39 19 58
21 e10sno 25.49 4.63 30.12 Declare as a Gift

Sorry I do realize that this may be a silly question, but I just wanted to ask the members on this forum if another run of the BLF GT Giga Thrower flashlight is anticipated, I really would like to buy one and will appreciate any info that can potentially lead to a buy. Thank you all, this is my first time on this forum.

The GT will be for sale to the general public in 2 to 4 months, expect to pay $200 to $250. Lumintop will make them as long as they are selling.

Thank you so much for answering, that’s great. I hope to get one as soon as become available. I do hope that they will be identical in quality and performance to the ones I have seen on youtube.

I agree to pay the difference
of the shipping fees
Tell me Amount US $
and payment method
“PayPal link”?

Thank you

I know import tax or VAT suck. But I wonder will it impact Lumintop as a company if many countries customs notice Lumintop always declare the value of their product lower or even declare as a gift? Last time many Ebay sellers do that. But nowadays some say it up front they won’t do it nor declare it as gift anymore. I wonder what has happened.

countries that raise taxes on US and Chinese products let the shipping companies handle it. So DHL has an automated system created for that. The can charge €14,50 for that to every customer that buys goods above €22 shipping included. If there is no shipping costs specified on the invoice, they estimate the value of the shipping. For a GT that could be €90 for DHL express. In fact, Lumintop should say on their invoice the real value of the GT and the shipping costs, for example GT $90 and shipping $21. In The Netherlands you have to pay €14,50 + €3 (tax) + €19 (21% of $111) = €36,50 tax. I had to pay €50 because Lumintop dit not specify the shipping costs. In future group buys this has to be solved. Now we force the Company to lie to the customs to save us some money. With smaller and lighter products this maybe no problem, but now it is with the GT. My idea would be for GB, send them as testsamples so the group can give feedback. Take a reasonable price, and specify shipping cost. So you have to pay tax and admin costs, but it wil be €25-30 and not €50 like I paid.

I initially opted for registered shipping to avoid taxes as I have had many packages from China this way with no issues, but did not realise that this would cause Lumintop problems hence I have now posted that I am prepared to swap to DHL if it makes things easier for Lumintop & take my chances with charges.
In the UK we pay have to pay 20% VAT on items over £15, including shipping costs, & a DHL processing fee of £11 (it would be £11 for the cost of the GT, it is more for more expensive items).
On the GT that would be £16 VAT plus the DHL fee of £11 = £27 or $40.
As registered shipping seems to be expensive for LT, being at least the $40 that using DHL might incur, & also as even with registered shipping I could still be caught out by UK customs & still pay charges I think that DHL is now the way to go.
Also with DHL I should receive my GT within about 5 days where as with registered shipping I will be looking at waiting at least 4 weeks.
I am prepared to pay the extra 35% of the cost of the GT in charges should I need to to ensure that I get my light & also it would seem that it would remove the problems that Lumintop are experiencing.

Hi,

I put myself onto the list if possible to change to DHL and my GT is not already sent with DHL yet...

But I hope it´s sent already and will arrive this week... ;).

No BLF Name Flashlight Value Req ($) Shipping Cost Req ($) Total Cost Req ($)
1 bella-headlight
2 Sonofspectrum
3 polarweis 15 10 25
4 777
5 G0OSE
6 mrheosuper 40
7 LEDtec
8 gregor
9 Megabassie 15 10 25
10 DBSAR
11 magnet
12 martook
13 Geese 40
14 xxx 39 19 58
15 Mops1 15 10 25
16 Dralf 15 10 25
17 jkbam - - -
18 james y 15 10 25
19 FritzHID - - -
20 Silent_Star 39 19 58
21 e10sno 25.49 4.63 30.12 Declare as a Gift
22 square74 $14,50 $11,00 $25,50

I dont think its doable for lumintop to declare every invoice with custom numbers like $4,63 for shipping.
If this was possible for lumintop they would have done it this way from the start i think.
The list is a good idea, but make it 10 dollar for shipping and 15 dollar for the light.

Dear XXX,

Please add me to the list.
Flashlight: 15$, shipping: 10$ perfect for me!

Thanks! :beer: