[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thanks Texas, I understantd all of this :+1:

So brazil os not one in expensive country? They have a sure about this?

And at best we will get our flashlights not earlier than early March, right? After all, already half of the factories in China on vacation …

That I do not know, the quote I posted was all they told me, the ect. at the end seems to imply that other countries are included but they did not say which ones they are.

I think the plan is for Neal to contact those that are effected directly, so he should get in contact with you if you are affected.

This is unknown at this point. They said that if the full shipment of reflectors shows up and is of good quality they hope to get most of the existing orders taken care of before going on vacation.

That said they will not finish all of them so some will have to wait until march for sure, we just don’t know how many.

Thanks, I will try my first pm for him :smiley:

This is no surprise to me. Lumintop did not use registered mail because it was too expensive for them, if you look at the extremely low price for the GT + shipping. It’s sad their culture made them stay quiet and let the members with registered mail wait without knowing what is really the problem. My advice, take DHL and hope for the best. For those who really don’t want DHL, send Neal a mail. Does Neal have the DHL list? Lumintop has still my great sympathies for their intentions to want the best for the BLF members. I wish communication could be more open, we are not only customers but also partners who are willing to help and try to find solutions for problems.

I laughed so hard, i don’t remember if i actually said it on the forum but when they first said DHL worldwide for 111$ i said no chance that it will work for me. As it turns out it did not, fail.

So lets say i want refund, first i will not get the total $117 because of paypal fees and s*it, 2nd is i will lose money on currency conversion … so i will be in total loss of about ~15$

And if i decide that i actually want the light i will need to pay additional money.

I really have mixed feelings right now, i want the light but no way i could afford paying additional 40$ or so, kinda disappointing…

for my experience with PayPal, you should not lose anything with the refund, no PayPal commission in case of refund and with the same exchange rate applied at the time of payment.

Are these extra costs only for registered ship. Or also for DHL?

I can afford to pay another $ 40, although it’s unpleasant.
But, probably, I have a conservative understanding of the business.
I think that a deal is a deal. And when a company can not fulfill what they promised - it’s a loss of reputation in business.

I really respect the work of GT-Team. It’s a hard work.
And I understand how unpleasant it is to tell us such sad news.

Anyway, I want this flashlight, but this will be my last flashlight of Lumintop.
And you know, the problem is not in price.
I patiently waited and went to this topic only in order to track the news.
The problem is that in the Lumintop company’s management no one has found the time
to explain to such a large number of buyers what is happening and how things are going.

Once again: I respect and appreciate the work of the GT-Team, I am grateful for the huge amount of work done.
But I can not understand the manufacturer’s policy in any way.

At this point it should still be soon enough to send a refund, which as said should not cause you to loose anything as it simply reverses the transaction.

Sorry to say, but this is starting to be a joke!…. 40usd extra for those in remote contrys??
People have already paid for the GT, and “in the last minute” they (Lumintop) add an extra fee of 40usd??? HELLO!

This is not a nice move, and it`s certainly not a professional way of doing buisness……

IMHO………

It is not ideal I agree but they can not afford to keep loosing money on all of these orders. We do not want them to loose money, we want them to make money, preferably a substantial amount to encourage further operation in the future.

You are still on the list. We were able to gain access to the early posts on page #1 and do a single nice list on post #5. I see your name at #1491. Production of the lights has moved a lot slower than planned due to the reflectors. So early January is now looking like late February (after the Chinese New Year) for the last group of people to purchase.

But as an manufaturer you are always doing risks, especially if you agree upon a price in the first place….
You risk some, then you either loose or gain some….

edit: For sure we don`t want them to loose money….but 40usd for some people are nearly a couple of weeks of sallary…

If this was my situation I would not be buying frivolous toy’s especially knowing that the country I live in might charge high, extra customs fees.

The Flashlight hobby is pretty cheap compared to other hobbies such as cars and motorcycles, but if your barely making enough money to eat, then I would suggest sticking to cheaper lights. You have to have your priorities straight.

I saw this coming, so I changed to DHL. Had to pay €50 due to customs/to high invoice. Nobody cares, my bad. This is business with China. And this is why I’m not charmed by GB, you have no control whatsoever. Things can get more expensive than you want. But if you have the GT in your hands, you still get a smile on your face.

Is someone frome NYC willing to receive GT for me and then to give it to my colleagues. I am working for an Airline company and every week there is someone in NYC from crew members.
Asking this because they are staying in hotel and I wouldn’t want to send GT to hotel address???

But I`m not happy for those who will have to pay an additional extra fee in the last minute….and LT have set the price at 111usd inkluded shipping! …or am I missing something here??
Send it and let the customs charge the extras….IF they actually do it. (Some shippment from China I have to pay customs, some don`t…)
If that`s the case the price should have been higher for everybody, so we all got this GT for the same price…

And we are both lucky to come from a rich contry, but some arent that lucky….and I belive they are saving money to buy stuff they would like to have.
For me it`s not an issue……………but my thoughts goes to those who have just that issue.

Will you throw in a few buddy passes perhaps! :sunglasses:
If no contraband involved I could be of assistance.