[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

The one with the awesome color/tint! :wink: MT-G2!

It’s pretty much an online store… you contact them and pay them to make one of the products listed on the website or a custom product.
There is no list of non-standard products on their website either.

Are you talking about a physical store? Like a literal shelf?

Because if you look at the website there is only datasheets for the products they make or a custom order form. There is no “shelf” with a list of surplus products.

…They do not sell anything online. Pretty sure that is a requisite to being an online store. I’m not going to argue about it tho. Nope, not at all.

Off the shelf is a common expression that means, well, it means that the product is literally on the shelf, yes. They have some custom reflectors left over from previous jobs and stuff. No, they are not listed on their website, this is what I mean when I say they are not “standard offerings.”

So you went to their factory location and bought them there?

They have an annual Bar-B-Que and also they let me drive the fork lift.

Oh ok, makes sense.

It seem like PE got what we want as well, and it a “on the shelf” product, if someone wants to run tests?
Check out .01 .03 .04 or .11 from this link:

Nice renderings 5ar, great job and a nice looking flashlight!!

Highly doubt it will be affordable enough for this flashlight budget, but I’ve sent them an email, hopefully they will reply next week.
I have also sent an email to some other electroforming company I found called Nipro to see what their prices are like.
Optiforms is definitely too expensive, I asked about one of their 8” reflectors and it is ~$500 so a ~4” one would definitely be at least half of that.

Who needs Netflix? I’m having a great time following this discussion!

Wow, those renderings are awesome! Which programs do you use? And I’ve been wondering, where the centre of gravity in your light is. Maybe you could upload a screenshot with the cog marked in it?

I agree, it’ll totally destroy the pockets in your pants :smiley:

Which would be fine if it was the right graph. Imagine, you integrate the function in spherical coordinates. First you integrate over the radius, next, let’s call it theta, the angle orthogonal on the z axis. The you have to integrate over the second angle, let’s call this one phi. So you integrate phi just until some angle a. Then you are left with a function depending on a, which gives you the light output for a specific angle a.
But yeah, I messed up, it’s the intensity, not the light output…

Xhp35 sliced or xhp35hi?

Sliced has 20% more output.

Can we get a manufacturer to do this?
Something tells me it wouldn’t be a preferred option for manufacturers to do this because correct me if I’m wrong, it has to be done by hand? Results will vary - surely - from one LED to another. And from what I understand the HI is the final spec now

This will be a typical mod you can do yourself.

Yeap exactly, there is no way all the GTs will stay stock anyway. The developers and the poll agree that the HI is the go.

Actually the poll simply stated XHP35 with dedoming and other options to be discussed later.

Sliced domed HD versions is something to be discussed and figured out at a later date after a manufacture has been found.

I also will be doing some testing before long to get some real world numbers from both types thanks to KB and that will give us a lot more data to work with.

P.S. For the record, Hoop is 100% correct in what he said in his first post. “Off the shelf” is a VERY common expression for what he got in the business world.

1* Perhaps it is wrong rotated, or not symmetric number of notches.
2* the cross section shows an area of 150mm for the cell carrier, carrier cell dimensions approximately 172mm (the exact dimensions S1 cell carrier diameter 44.8mm lenght 86.77mm) , so you'll have to extend the tube, also have to leave enough space for PCB driver. You'll have to increase the shelf height also.

A problem that it might pose if ring for carrying straps being too expensive, to which position you could put a hole for attachment straps?

Here are some pics from my design. Not fully finished.
Just took a very simple battery tube for now, no sling attachment points and no bezel yet. (edit, updated it, looks better imho. Imagine full knurling)
At his point it weights almost 1.9 kilograms. (including 8 cells + carrier)
The thermal shot is a cross section.
That space between the carrier and the head is because I didn’t make the springs and driver so I did leave some extra space to compensate that.
When you look at the cross sections you can see that the head is made of 2 parts to make modding much easier. :beer: (edit, included picture)

Nice Thijsco!
I fear the four squared off fins make the switch harder to find.
But sure looks awesome

Nice designs from everyone who has contributed! :sunglasses: :beer:

I still kind of like 5ar design best :arrow_right: :+1: