[PART 2] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Closed, but Public sales open!

YAHOOO!!!

It just arrived. Holly crap this thing is huge.

Thank you to the team. What a fantastic build. Hats off to the whole team.

I just recieved my short tube, bag and accessories that I ordered on April 4th. I never got a tracking number, it just showed up in the mail box. It’s to be expected. Lol

What a nice bag, fully padded (including the carry handle) plus a hidden zippered pocket inside that had the “key rings” in it.

It feels good to have all the accessories. :smiley:

Hello once again,

I picked up the blf gt from DHL Franklin Park near Ohare airport. DHL told me if you leave a signed note by the door, DHL will be able to leave it without a signature. On the phone, I was told that one could not have it delivered if the sender requires a signature. I found out where the DHL office is and it was not bad to pick it up there. They are open from 9am to 9pm at the one near here.

It is big but beautiful! I put the 8 batteries on the gryfalcon all 88 charger. My friend who got his earlier today has 4 charged in 2.5 hrs. The other 4 are not quite fully charged yet. Don't forget to take the black stickers off the negative side of the batteries. Mine are charging now so I can't use it yet. The cap, strap, and short tube I ordered were inside the box. All looks good so far.

Once again, my sincere congratulations to the design team for this amazing flashlight. It is truly an engineering accomplishment to design the farthest thrower in an led light to date. Again many thanks to Neal for his efforts ate coordinating the shipping to many different countries. More reports later.

DHL came by as I was outside this afternoon. One box handed over. I think I actually giggled…

I was surprised by the weight of this thing! Even allowing for the batteries packed into the carriers, it feels like it weighs a ton. And what an incredible piece of hardware. There is simply nothing I’ve seen that can compare to this. Looking at it alone across the room it looks kind of normal, then you get up close and reach out a hand - it is a massive thing. But with the batteries in it, I imagine the balance isn’t bad.

The bag and cap arrived a few weeks ago, and now they have a job to do while the batteries are charging. Not sure quite when I’ll get a chance for outdoor beamshots, but I will try.

A huge and hearty well-done to the entire team for this. I was able to drop a few extra dollars to the team when I purchased, but I actually think I might go back and drop a few more, it’s that fine a piece of work.

Thank you all!

Jason… just a bit of trivia.

If the pattern holds true, between numbers 1 & 1425; there will be 83 people who DID NOT get the round 4 PM for payment.

That 83 represents over 100 lights.

Were you saying the other night that you had manually sent PM’s to all these people…. as far as you knew?

Just checking……… :slight_smile:

Have another question about one of the Samsung INR18650-35E batteries I received with my GT. After using (2) XTAR SV2 chargers for charging (4) of the batteries that I pulled out one of the holders, I charged them on a 1A charge until 100. Took them off and measured the voltages. 3 of the 4 were showing 4.106V-4.195V, but the other cell was showing 4.050V? I then stuck it back on the charger and it said it was 80 charged.

So, I am letting it charge again to 100% and will take another measurement. Does this sound like this battery may have an issue? Not sure if this is normal as I have only used mainly protected cells!

So now that a couple friends have seen my GT in action they both want one. Will there be any extension to the group buy after drop outs are figured? I’d like access to possibly two more at a reasonable cost if possible.

Was it like this before you used it??

If not, and this occurred after you used it…… did you run it long enough for it to heat up pretty good??

Did you notice any smoke inside light??

All that mess could be excess flux heating up & burning off…. creating smoke & film residue.

KB noticed this & shut his down before damage. Then many people started taking the head off the ‘light engine’. cleaning thoroughly, & then running on Turbo for a while before reinstalling the head.
IF the reflector has this crap on it….do not try to wipe it off.

Yes it had the film on the inside of the lens as soon as I fired it up. The reflector I can tell is absolutely perfect and clean, it’s just the lens is dirty. I’m guessing it worked for some condensation in transit or was just not clean when assembled. I’ll get it cracked open and clean it up eventually.

:+1: … Gotcha, that would not have been enough time for it to get “smoked” then. That is good. :slight_smile:

I order the light and the carry case with it I got the light but not the case does any one know if the case ships separate?

Probably just a fluke. Use it & keep check on that one & see if it does that consistently when charging.

It does.

Here’s a quick test on some radio towers 300-400 yards away

Sorry for the huge photo, just figured out how to resize it

am i supposed to receive tracking info from Neal once i purchased my light? i ordered it on the 5th and provided my info to him through email

It was a Fluke alright, that is the DMM I used to measure the batteries…hehehe

But seriously, that 1 cell was put back on the charger and is on 99. Not sure what happened? I’ll take it off when it’s 100 and check the voltage again. I hope it was a glitch in the charger, but doubt it…lol…Thanks! :+1:

td1042k wrote:

Here’s a quick test on some radio towers 300-400 yards away

…………

Nice…… :+1:

Doubt you will, best to just call DHL and give them your info. They will tell you what’s going on. You may just get it soon if you were in the 3rd batch.

Seems like the GT’s are popping up all over the USA now :wink:

Not to seem impatient but I placed my order on 4/18 and replied with my cell number on 4/19. That email I sent was the last contact I’ve have with Neal. I never received any tracking information. I’m in the U.S. No rush, just making sure everything is working as intended.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. I’ll contact DHL and see whats going on.

Yeah it would be best to just call 1 800 CALL DHL