People that you personally know that have COVID-19

I feel negative feelings about that. I would be happy if this has moved to a religious issue.

Phil. 1:21-24. 2Tim:4 6-8. 1Cor:5 1-10 etc. etc.

The theme of this thread (“People that you personally know…”) is all about anecdotal evidence. If you don’t like reading mine, by all means feel free to skip it, move on to the next one, and stay happy.

Hey wait a minute, I was just told, on a post a few minutes ago, no political comments.

Please stay on topic: “People that you personally know that have COVID-19”.

My eleven year old niece has symptoms of COVID-19.

She cannot attend school for ten days, and she likes going to school.

She can get a COVID-19 test in seven days.

I hope she'll be okay, but I am worried about her.

Why the wait?

My neighbor’s daughter came down with Covid her first week as a college freshman. They had a bunch of freshman parties and orientations so it’s likely that’s how she caught it. Luckily she was vaccinated and thus only had mild symptoms.

My daughter has it now :frowning:

Okay, this is what I don’t get. So many people who are fully vaxxed are getting the corovirus (Lonnie the nice weather guy on My2 News, who was out for like a week while Vanessa Someone took his place, the Sabrina Witch [forgot her name], that basketball guy, etc.), so you can definitely get and spread the corovirus even if fully vaxxed, yet all these places (like all of NYC) won’t let you go anywhere or do anything unless you’ve been jabbed, and masks are only for the unvaxxed, etc. And I’m like, wait… what?? I mean, you’d think that those who got the jab would not get the bug.

The whole family across the street got it, my plumber got it, a few others in the nabe I heard thirdhand, that’s it for around here, at least that I know of. Everything here seems to be pretty low-key.

Are you kidding me? I’m from Germany. No single news outlet in Germany ever released such false information. Because I like their in-depth analyses, I also read internatiol news on USA’s Bloomberg News. So I’m not just narrow minded by consuming german news but I have a global look.
Please tell me, after all these months with Corona, how can you come to such a conclusion? You really should check your news sources.

The main benefit of the vaccination is that it highly reduces the risk of getting severly ill. That means that you still can get infected and yes, some vaccinated people still will die from Covid-19. And many, many studies clearly state that the time span in which vaccinated people might be able to infect other persons is reduced.
Perhaps you should decrease the time spend on the topic ‘flashlights’ by an extremely high margin and increase the time you spend with quality news instead. The benefit of reading quality news is that you will be able to understand what’s going on in the world, so you can profit from it by making the right decisions while trading on the stock markets. Earlier last year I invested heavily in the Dow Jones and NASDAQ via ETFs. So thank you USA. I gladly took the risks out of shaky hands, now I profit from a ‘once in a lifetime chance’ while supporting the beloved USA at the same time.

Lightbringer, the FDA, CDC and WHO don’t conduct their own tests. They rely on testing data from the manufacturers. Don’t be such a conspiracy theorist. Trust the giant drug companies. They have never mislead us in the past.

Thread closed due to the potential for controversy and arguments.