Photo Review: Fasttech Striders

+1

I’m impressed that he was impressed with it. This guy beats on a lot of knives, and has tried to literally destroy this one. He drove it through thin metal door skin and once in, he batonned it through more metal. After that, and all the abuse with the 5kg hammer, he noted that the blade had no chips or nicks in it. He even said that if it was an original knife from the chinese he “would say it is a good knife”. After the testing his only issue with it was that it was a fake, and a ripoff of the original.

Now the video was posted in May of 2012 so after all this time it’s unlikely Fastech is selling exactly the same knife. But I’m looking for a beater that I can abuse and I think this one qualifies. At $10 it’s a good buy even if the FT one is only half as good. I ordered one. J)

I like the Companion as it is, but it depends really. I’ve read some guys prefer the larger, thicker handle, plus the tang is longer.

If I was camping or hiking I’d opt for a brightly coloured Mora (they have the Companion now in pink and blue as well as orange).

thanks.

just picked up an orange stainless Mora companion.

They are quite bright (and sharp!) but at least if you drop it or need to find it in your bag you won’t struggle to find it.

Thanks a lot for the review! Sticky’d.