Please recommend 18650 battery for Thorfire VG15S

Had you mentioned this little detail in the original post, I think we would have saved you a lot of time and aggravation.

For elderly folks, my recommendation is to stick with something that can take regular (non rechargeable) batteries, just to keep things simple - plenty of AA / multi AA lights out there that you can stick lithium cells in, and some of them are capable of producing good amount of light output.

+1. Wonderful gesture.

An 18650 light with battery level indicator and USB charging might help in this situation. My twins with disabilities are getting a Convoy S9 and a Sofirn SP30A to try out and see which one they like best. Both with protected 18650.

I figure with a protected battery and indicator on the switch, they won’t let the battery get too low (that’s similar enough to their tablet and phone). And they won’t need to take the battery out, so no chance of reversing it.

The USB connector might not last forever, but they’re not expensive lights. And waterproof isn’t a high priority for them (YMMV).

+2
BLF has some really great members.

Sofirn SF13. 2×AA light, tail-clicky, no need to press’n’hold anything, long enough for even arthritic hands to hold comfortably.

Or a ’501/’502 host with 1-mode drop-in and protected panny-B.

Sorry I didn’t add that. At the time I posted I didn’t realize there would be quite that much to it so I didn’t realize it would be an issue.

Pretty cool. I really like the charge indicator and the automatic shutoff. Even if the protection circuit on a battery failed the light would save you so you couldn’t potentially end up with a small bomb in your pocket. Amazing how they can fit a quality charging circuit into a small flashlight. I have seen that before but was leary on the reliability of the charging circuit. I haven’t heard of any problems with them though.

I may look into what is available with standardized batteries for possible Christmas presents. Especially if they can also use rechargeable AA’s as I feel those are pretty safe.

Thanks again. You guys are great!

Excellent idea. Thank you by the way. Picked up that Sofirn 502b. Waiting delivery. Looking for good Nichia drop in. Thanks again.

That’s why I got my own assortment of pills, drivers, LEDs, etc. Roll yer own, vs looking around for whatever Someone Else makes.