Possible 2x26650 host for MT-G2?

Last year, FlashPilot and I cleaned out all the Defiants at Home Depot,

and so, it just seem to come naturally to add another case or two …

Sorry

I hope you enjoy them.

Just testing you guys, ha …

It shows as shipped and I should hopefully receive it by Wednesday.

I just swapped tubes again with the DST and it threads all the way down. Just for giggles, I removed the DST switch assembly (unscrewed the entire double threaded aluminum middle housing part between the head and tube) and removed it completely. Now the 26650 tube screws all the way down directly into the DST head. :bigsmile: I think this will be the way to go with the tail clicky. Its short enough in that configuration to not miss the use of the forward switch and shortens the overall length of the light considerably. The light I linked has the quality of a cheap trustfire clone but should be fairly decent for such cheap a mod. Although I havent played too much with the light itself, it seemed to have at least the power and beam of a 3 amp C8, so it could be Legood back and forth . Can you recommend a reliable 8.4V driver that will fit in the same spot as the stock one? 5A for XM-L2 dedome would be great, if such a driver exists.

Im sorry also for derailing your thread OL. :wink:

:smiley: Im glad we cleaned out all the well built Defiant lights before they all sold out. The Defiant 650 remains by far my favorite alkaleak of the entire series. Built like a tank without concern of saving aluminum, well finished, XM-L2, more lumens and has a far more useful beam pattern with better run time than the DST. IMO, the cheap build quality of the new lights at HD and Lowes are a major disappointment this year.

Thanks Flash. I remember the tube could be screwed on, but when the threads were held against each other (both tubes, opposing directions, threads interlocking as best possible), it was clear the thread count was different. Not really a problem if the tube isn't removed too many times. Maybe they changed the thread pattern later.

I hope you guys are willing to sell the heads since you just bought them for the battery tubes. Might be able to Jerry rig up something from the hardware store to run 18650’s in it or something.

Reminds me of the waste from people buying up all the good 3 cell Mag-Lites and extensions just to butcher them and turn them into silencers because they saw the Sheriff on Walking Dead do it. :_(

I think I’ll add that OL, you’ve got quite a following, less than a day after you posted this, I looked back thinking maybe I’d get another and they were all gone! :slight_smile: You saved me from another purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re welcome. Ive owned mine for about a year, so its hard to tell if I just got lucky or if all of the tubes are still threaded the same. My best guess is that the supplier I linked will probably still be selling the same stock. :wink: If not, its still a decent buy for the price.

Holy North Pole, Santa just came with the O-L Lustefire K-08, dang, dang. Oh well, at least I got one. Only 1.11 amp at the tail with 2 x 26650s, and 2.22 with one. Yeap, it comes apart in the middle and can run 1 or 2 batteries. AR Lens, SS lens ring, super ano, brass guts, hmm ….

fwiw

Whats a t’0’8’?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=tsmall+sun+t08&rlz=1C1CHMO_enAU521AU521&oq=tsmall+sun+t08&aqs=chrome..69i57.9413j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=small+sun+zy-t08

What about the Small Sun zy-t16 http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022909

Yes, there are quite a few lights that would work and are in the same price range. t16, t03 and others. I think the t-08 just happened to be more what people liked. Maybe because of the way it looked and felt in the hand.

I think “dynamic pricing” is in effect.
As soon as it get’s posted on the deals section the price will jump up again.

Ditto… I got 1.18A at the tail with 2 x king kongs. The driver is a 21mm single sided version with one medium sized terroid. 5 mode with next mode memory, then reverts back to high mode after its been turned off for 5 seconds. I couldnt find a part number on the driver, but its not what comes with the Convoy L2. Heavy brass pill screws into the head and is reverse threaded. The reflector is unthreaded and the battery tubes do not have brass inserts.

All in all, a great host for the price. My example came flawless, with no defects and appears as Convoy quality.

Since I dont need another MT-G2 light, I’ll probably buy the LCK 5 amp driver and use this light with XM-L2 on sinkpad.

You guys were unlucky I guess, I got mine and its awesome, hands down the best stock thrower I’ve had, great quality. Beats all my C8s at 2.8-3.2A, Yetzl Y3, and is noticeably brighter, I need to install a new fuse in my multi meter to test A but its definitely around 3A a least judging by output and what it beats.

Now I’m not sure I want to possibly ruin it by my newbie modding skills :stuck_out_tongue: