Power outages -- How often in your area?

Fairly frequently, its a long run between me and the power plant with lots and lots of trees. Storms, wind, equal a few hours of outage. This year fewer problems as the power company went on an aggressive tree trimming binge. I have mixed feelings about the results. Glad to have less outages but they hacked the heck out of the trees making my drive to and from anywhere much less pleasant.

The power went out for about 45 minutes tonight.

We're in the middle of summer, so it was hot in the house (and outside) even though it was 3am.

Luckily this only happens about once or twice a year.

Also, I was awake, which was convenient.

The dog got scared and peed in the house when the power went out.

He's my dog, so I had to clean it up, using a headlight to see.

Our two cats don't seem to freak out when the power goes out, but my dog gets scared pretty easily.

Scaredy… dog?

Yup, scaredy dog...

Oh my gosh!

We just went through almost a ten hour power outage.

It started at 5:20am and it was 117° F (or 47° C) today.

Most of my family went to the mall for air conditioning, but it was brutal for us today.

We heard that as many as 7,000 people were without power today.

I haven't seen today's local news yet, but I'm sure it will be mentioned.

Considering how hot it was, this was our worst power outage in the six years we have lived here.

I'm really hoping they fixed the problem and we won't be going through this again.

We were out for 6 hours, but it was only high 90’s today. The worst part was power is back on before dark, eliminating an excuse to play with the flashlights!

No problems here. However when we lived in Florida back in the 1980’s, there were power drops and surges every day when generators were put online and taken off according to power demand.

My power blipped around 7AM this morning. I only noticed because the microwave and oven clocks lost time.