pressure switch for a C8

It would be nice if there were spare tailcaps available so a guy could easily switch between normal usage and the remote switch.

+1 on that thought.

Your mentioning it may become reality.

Yes, I’ve been trying to source a tail switch that is rated over 1.5 amp, haven’t found one yet. Otten and that other one commonly sold are both 1.5amp iirr. And these weak switches passing 3+or 5+ amps thru them are usually the source of most light problems/failures, ime. Believe you’re on to something, 2 series voltage might be the answer, all mine that use that system seem to work the best, although it makes it hard to get tailcap amp draw meter readings…

Thought all guns were illegal in UK, or is that just handguns…? Is it true the Police don’t even carry…? So, you Brits can throw knifes out your window, ok…? lol
Pretty sure no where in the USA can anyone hunt/shoot out of a vehicle window. Or even from a atv/utv. Must be out of the vehicle on the ground when you shoot. One would get in much much more legal trouble hunting/shooting out of a window here in Florida then shooting a perp dead (out of any window) in self defense stand your ground situation. Hows that for USA logic…lol

Haha, no, we have to jump through hoops but it can be perfectly legal, little known but in the U.K. you can own most firearms even handguns however that is rare. Hunting rifles are very common in rural areas where I’m from, .243 common for deer/fox duties… Moderators are no problem here also.

Self defence here is insane, absolutely no self defence items, none! If you carried a pen for self defence you’d be breaking the law! Of course just carrying a writing pen is fine but as soon as it’s for defence you are in the wrong. Thankfully shooting of people is very rare.
Saturday nights out in a town has become more dangerous over the years, brutal attacks are getting more common, often gangs of men against one person, beaten with fists and boots to death. Normal one on one fists and a honourable end has ended but god forbid you defended yourself against a gang beating :frowning:

Oops, off topic, there, back too it……

I’ve been talking to Simon about this very thing since we started discussing remote switches. I don’t want to solder anything to change my C8 to an ideal mountable setup. I proposed a solution that would make this same switch available already soldered in place in a C8 tailcap so that you could just swap the tailcap at your convenience and go from handheld C8 to a remote pressure switch just by changing the tailcap. No promises, but that is what I’m trying to make happen.

Thanks J. I appreciate all the work you’re doing with Simon. I already love most of the Convoy products, and they just keep getting better :slight_smile:

Hey all. I had a nice conversation with Simon last night following up on my request to have a complete C8 pressure switch tail assembly and passing along many of the comments posted here. Bam! Done. We have a complete C8 pressure switch assembly listed in the Convoy store now and still under $10 shipped!

Just swap the tailcap and you’re done.

Convoy C8 pressure switch assembly

Slimmer designs and higher current designs will be considered for the future but as others have mentioned the reason this one can handle more current than many of the others out there now is that this uses heavier gauge wire, an Omten 1288 reverse clicky and a micro-switch. That stuff all takes up room…
I don’t expect everyone to be pleased with any single product as we all have different likes and dislikes but personally I’m just happy Convoy finally has a remote switch. :slight_smile: :+1:

Noice

Thanks Simon. Annnd J-Dub!

yep thanks

Very nice!

There are remote switches that are slim and can handle high current
Utilizing a FET