Pulsars DIY 2013: handmade

Not just you... But please don't smoke from copper lol

Good luck with the copper. I just make my own slugs from layered pieces of pipe and fittings. Some nice builds in this contest and they’re all creative.

got some heat sink material, thanks to ruffles.

i sprained my ankle at work friday, and went in today and they want me on crutches and stay out until wens, most likely without pay. need parts for my car… so most likely wont be getting the 3” to 1” reducer… got a 2” to 1”, and a cutter reflector i will make work for now. maybe later in the month i will have the money to buy the reducer to use the reflector i originally wanted

and thank you DBCstm for the reflector, he mailed that out a while ago to try in a mag mod 

i filed the lip down to sink the reflector into the “head”. i need to shorten the female connectors on the elbow and the reducer to make it look proportionate. lots of file work and polishing.
got a piece of copper pipe that fits inside the pipe i have already that is a perfect size for an 18650 spacer. i will cut it to length and solder it inside the other tube. thats also going to leave a lip for a positive contact plate to seat on

Pic not working…

Can’t wait to see how this progresses, the reflector should give a nice output, we’ll see!

And yeah, I was thinking that that bowl was huge! lol

yeah, that reflector does make a nice beam. should progress quicker now that i have most materials to work with. need to figure out a bezel/lens retainer

Hey Pulsar, any progress? I have a feeling the M6 group buy has been eating into your time.

yeah. not going to have it finished... im a slacker.

ill still build it, but wont be done in time for the contest

Bummer. Still looking forward to seeing it finished though.