Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Never thought about doing that and I even have access to the equipment to do it myself. Great idea!

Well, bead blast is forever. Maybe you should try DC-Fix first. Boaz has some for sale.

Yeah what David says :wink:

That DC-Fix stuff is great! I've used it on small but powerful 16340 lights and works really well, but since you have the equipment to bead blast, dunno if it's worthwhile. Boy, I got a ton of extra plain glass lens - from all the ones I've replaced with UCL, UCLp, or AR.

I tool the liberty of copying the interest list into a notpad text document and chopped it up into 10 user chunks with no duplicates. I have PM’d it back to The Miller for him to edit into the OP.

Don’t anyone else waste your time.

There are 609 unique BLF usernames in the list through entry 760 (miswas)

Thanks so much!
Received and will put it in the OP next time I update the list!
Awesome and not inline with your username :wink:

Ha! That depends on how you look at it…

I spent 20 minutes clicking a mouse and tapping keys, now the guy running the group buy thinks I’m helpful and contributing!

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. Will be interested to know if “fat” protected GAs fit.

:smiley:

Hhmm, don't have those. Protected GA's depend on the manufacturer or assembler that adds the protection circuitry - is there a brand, or where did you get them? Honestly I could use more protected cells - ones I have are pretty old now, and the GA protected should be bout the best protected cell around, specially if it has a quality PCB. Richard sells them and we know they are good, but also LIION Wholesale has them for a better price and a Seiko PCB with a 12A-13A cutoff, so he lists, but Jon there is pretty good - I've had a lot of long email exchanges with him - he's pretty good.

LIION Wholesale has them listed at 18.55 mm wide while Richard lists them at 18.7 mm, but I'd rather buy them at LIION Wholesaler for $8 less for qty 4, plus get them quicker - they are closer. I'll check the widths on ones I got - have couple more I didn't try also.

Write me up on that list please :slight_smile:

Even removing anodizing on the shelf sounds to me like an added expense. It's a production step, not a design step. And it's nothing that can't be improved by the owner with a little sand paper is it?

If picking battles, I'd probably aim for the flexible circuit boards or similar design tweaks that are not a production cost but do represent significant modding cost. In production one circuit layout is the same as another anyway.

Thanks for looking into this.

Unfortunately there is quite a bit of variability in the size of protected GAs depending on the re-wrapper and protection circuit design. The newer Keeppower, Evva, Blazar, and Orbtronic protected GAs are all within 69mm in length and 18.7mm in width. Can’t find the dimensions of the newer black Olight protected.

im in for 1, please put me on the list

HKJ says that those EVVA cells are 18.5mm in diameter.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Evva%2018650%203500mAh%20(Black)%20UK.html

That is incorrect. They are 68.9 x 18.6mm (as per the dot points in HKJs review).

Widths are not a problem - I measured the PanaB protected at 18.64 mm at the widest (outside strip) and there's still space to spare, even with the strip in the tightest spot. It looks like they designed the battery tube well for handling any size cell - now we just need to hope they don't change the design...

Please add me to the list.

He lists 18.6 as the official spec, 18.5 as his measurement in the white box below the official specs.

Removing anodizing with sandpaper from a built-in shelf is not going to be an easy task. I can’t believe that any but the most dedicated modders would try that. Anodize isn’t as easy to remove as paint or other coatings. It is tougher than the underlying aluminum. In fact, there is sandpaper made out of basically “anodized aluminum”. It’s that hard.