Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Has this light been put into production yet?

If the group buy is still open I'm in for one

Hi Miller -- I'm on the list for 4 already: 28, 29, 874, and 875. Please add two more for me, so total of 6 pieces.

Two more guys at work very impressed. Thanks!!

Yeah will update the list later with all the new entries

TA, heheh funny, hearing talk as if 1000hp in a car is normal, now I remember why my neighbors looked at me strange when I told I ordered a real thrower while lighting their field with a S70 :smiley:
One can be so much into something it stops being clear what normal actually is :wink:

Hi Miller, please add me to the list. Thanks a lot Max

Hi Tom E, I’ve seen your cell comparison in earlier posts noticed both the Sony VCT6 and Samsung 30Q have very close max lumens. Has there been any testing on which of those two cells would have better overall runtime? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Both cells are in HKJ's comparator, so I'd check discharge curves at 3A and 5A, in that area. Stock, I'm thinking this light would draw close to 20A on fully charged 30Q's or VTC6's, so that's 5A each.

Of course as the cells discharge, the amps will drop, so you might be down to 2A per cell when the cells drop to ~3.2V or so.

I haven't rigged up a tail PCB in one of the new prototypes yet, so haven't been able to measure actual amps.

Pure guess is the 30Q's would last longer, simpler because they draw a little less amps.

Yes of course, and welcome to BLF!

My apologies for asking on this thread but how do I subscribe to a thread?

I unsubscribed by mistake a short while ago and can't find a button to resub

At the bottom of the first post in the thread, there is a “click to subscribe” button.

I think you are automatically subscribed if you post in a thread also, but that may depend on settings.

By posting in the thread you’re automatically subscribed.

At the very end of the original post bottom right, you can click subscribe. :wink:

Anyone noticed the “reads” count lately?

With “ONLY” 6355 posts, there are 458,913 reads! WOW!

Thanks guys!

Back to the strobe discussion, being a light painter, I prefer either a very fast continuous strobe (such as in Biscotti) or slow Beacon mode. Though I do like Toy Keeper’s idea of a lightning mode just to confuse people on camp sites at 2am :wink:

Dear Miller, please be so kind to add me to the BLFQ8 list.

Thanks a lot

Clinicdoc

Yes, will do, and welcome to BLF!

heheh with a 1000hp car that strobe could really confuse a lot of people :wink:

I’m not that fond of strobes, and prefer they not be included with the main modes of a light.
But if they are, I just “deal with it”. :slight_smile:

Now……… if anyone has a video of Toy Keeper’s lightning mode, I would love to see that. That sounds like fun…………. :wink:

No, but in 2014 I made a “faulty wiring simulator” mode for someone. He was building some sort of fallen techno-angel with an exposed and faulty lighted heart to display at Burning Man, and this is how the heart pulsed:
http://toykeeper.net/torches/random-strobe-mushroom.avi

This is a THORfire light, so it seems to me that it would be quite fitting for it to have a lightning strike mode.

Wow……… that is neat! Thank you TK for sharing that. :slight_smile: