Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

The Miller, thanks for that write up of your UI testing.

But for those of us who need to see it pictorially is there a map of the programming written up? Toykeeper makes excellent graphic representations so I’m hoping she did it. (I don’t write that to offend others)

Ok - for the pics of the beam hot spot, yes it really does look wider but look at the throw #'s - 59 kcd ain't bad. The clone does 52 kcd but not as much lumens. I'd say roughly they do the same throw at the same amps. It's more than a flooder, or floods so well it throws...

Just a little note on the output/lumens so far. djozz is measuring ~200 lumens less, so 3.6% lower than mine. Could be normal variation, or could be our calibrations of our measuring, or some combo of both. If anything, I'd be more confident in djozz's #'s since he has a real integrating sphere where mine is a PVC based light box, plus his scientific methods are better for sure.

I find this well within any margin of error or acceptable variance though, so I'm good with this.

Okay, so can you(or someone) add a zener diode on PCB driver, so when we want to run 2s, just simply solder a diode
This would be great, i see a lot of free space on the driver

Yes well in the manual a nice set of tables with menu options can be found.
BLFer joechina has a nice picture made. I’ll email him to post it.
Then joechina also made it so that it might fit in the tailcap if printed correctly.
Dale spoke of a neat info sheet, idk what he has.
Djozz is trying to find the time to make a schematic

But for now I think testing Narsil is most important, a nice pic can always be added, new code and firmware not :wink:

Sorry I don’t know if the zener pads and tracing are still on the driver. Hopefully all those nice pics Tom made can show this, if the pads are still there, the tracing is too.

No, not quite that simple - LVP won't work so firmware needs to be re-configured, and zener's are terrible for parasitic drain. LDO is the way to go for e-switch lights. Then of course there's the mechanical 2S mod, and how it will work with driver contact.

About LVP, mcu will read the voltage so it will know it’s using 1s or 2s
And parasitic drain, there is many light using 2s battery, and E-switch
I guess we can learn something from them

OK I know it has been going slow and all deviations were great.
But now please can we focus on what we have and how to get that as good as possible?
2S 4S nice but not a real concern this moment where real bugs need to be found and require fixing :wink:

There are always better ideas a year down the road and right in front of production…

Yeah, i know battery configure is not real concern now, just wonder about mod-friendly of this light

Got it, still refrain from asking Tom about it now, in a few days pick it up again :wink:

Seriously a BLFer has posted about an Android app to make run times graphs using the light sensor
Can’t find it so fast, does somebody know what topic it is in?

I don`t know it, but would like to know it as well.

Is this what you are looking for?

The Miller,

Could you please me me down for 1?
Thanks.

Yes will do
Welcome to BLF!

Awesome lion42!
Exactly

Hi @The Miller ,Could I put my name on the list please

Thanks

Great pictures & info here in Post #7143 Tom E!!! :+1:

I’m sure you will, but you all keep us updated when this gets solved or worked out. :+1:

A simple “Update for Dummies” would work well for me……… :smiley: … Cause as far as this goes, I are one. :wink:

Thanks again for everyone’s hard work……… :slight_smile:

Hi Tom

Has anyone else picked this up before …… But the driver is not labelled Q8 but instead is 8Q (with the tail in the Q being in the wrong position )

I’ve tried looking at the images upside down but that still doesn’t help

I noticed it before and thought it was probably “projected” through to the other side where the Q8 would be correct. And if not at this point it is not something I would spend any time worrying about.