Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Well done Thorfire and the BLF team!

Add me to the list, please.

Thanks

Thanks
And wow another new member, welcome to BLF!

I’m in for one, please add me to the list. Thanks!

@The Miller- I've been a lurker for a long time, great forum. Had to join hoping to get in on what looks like an awesome light.

I’d love to grab one too, please add me to the list! It’s $40, right?

That’s kind of what I suspected since I don’t remember any talk of it. Then again, my memory is not that good. Lol

In for one, please.
BLightSam

I don’t think it’s going to be practical to ship the light back to China at all. The only way to get a tracking number is if you ship it DHL and it would probably cost around 60 bucks or more from the US to China. So if anyone were to get a bad light that was not usable, my guess, is that Banggood would ask for proof and if they agree they would probably send a replacement light. They might even ask you to smash the old light with a hammer before they send a replacement just to make sure they’re not being taken advantage of.

This is just what I think is likely to happen based on past experience.

My preference is just to have thorfire send a replacement part. Then I can fix it myself and they would lose a minimal amount of money by sending a whole light.

Another option would be to buy a new driver from lexel to get a defective light working again.

I’m sure we’ll find out the actual details soon enough.

I’m in for one, thank you!

I’ll be tagging along too. One for me, please!

And me too please.

Awesome news!

I’m already on the list for 2 but I would like 1 more for a total of 3 if possible :slight_smile:

Uh, oh.

It’s being advertised on Reddit:

I’m in for one.

Gon b gud

Maybe now is a good time to close the list?

If you haven’t already signed up, then your probably not that into it.

Has Thorfire set a limit on the BLF discounted price orders? I’m sure they want to sale as many as they can at their normal, higher price so they can make better margins.

Agreed. Here is where the profiteers come in.

Hahahaha 7 new members since my last “welcome to BLF”
Thanks for letting know why this sudden influx Hank!
Of course welcome all!

I thought we had the reddit users influx when I posted there aboit it.
Oh dang it took me a while to type this post, welcome new members who posted during the typing, will update list later

Tantasal and.JasonWW we’ll see if issues arise.
(See me using “if” instead of “when”, that is called wishful typing :wink: )

We stressed the importance of doing this right, Thorfire gets it.
Banggood is known yo resolve things but yes it probably needs a video, and that is logical. I really urge people to post here on case of issues, it ain’t over till all Q8 users are as happy as we can possibly make them, no worries we (I) will follow anf are keen on delivering what is promised
This reminds me I will check with Barry and make sure the OP has proper specs and the Banggood listing is accurate as well so all have a foundation to judge their light.
We have gotten 10 lights in proto phase all exceeding expectations with nice surprises like a lighted e switch to be controlled via Narsil.
For now it is a 100% win for the issues that were there can be seen as logical in the proto stage. Like prototype number 2 and 3 Tom received, they had a different switch cover giving a good feel so an informed decision on what final should be could be made.
But well now we enter the hardest part, it is all fun and games till somebody loses a LED :wink:
We’ll be here for you (or well I am just keep things friendly and the stress low, any issues will get a solution :wink:

Actually, THAT is exactly why we need to advertise it as many places as possible and keep the list open for as long as possible! The better the word gets out, and the more people from more areas come here to get in, the smoother the sales can go! Adding more people to the list right now is not a problem for sales or manufacturing. It’s when those profiteers try to buy more than what they signed up for that we see problems arise. And they do that because they see untapped markets to sell to. And the markets are untapped because we try to keep it a secret. But, if everybody that wants one gets on the list right now, who will the profiteers sell to? :wink: