Question about TR-J20 modding

Is there a right way to potting the driver? I mean, could one ruin anything when potting?

If i ran 4 emitters 2S2P with 3 batteries, wouldn’t they have a forward voltage that when combined per string exceeds what the batteries can put out, say at 5A per emitter? What would happen in that case, would more amps simply be drawn out of the batteries, and even more as the batteries are exhausted?

39,000 lumens! How come i haven’t seen any photos of that on BLF yet haha how many amps does Richard’s draw at that output? I imagine his would have been modded with an e-switch?

The extra weight’s not so bad, not when you come to think of it as a light cannon, it all just makes perfect sense! I know i’d love something like that

Does the new driver show any sign of increased potential?

Maybe someone on BLF will be custom making a J20 BLF edition, just like that BLF thrower…. which reminds me, any sign of it finally being produced?

It seems to have more potential. I never tested it with the stock mosfets on the replacement though. Need to do some tailcap and temperature tests. I’m thinking that with the low resistance of the 12 xhp50.2 it should output some more amps as well…

Thought about double stacking all the mosfets as well, we will see how ambitious I get :stuck_out_tongue:

I see the potential. The head and reflectors are good to go with very little work. I thought that the heads would make good off road lights years before the XHP LED’s.

The resistors i bought have arrived, but i’m only realizing now that they’re smaller than those on the driver. These ones are 470R, 1206J 5% resistors. Did i get the wrong ones?