Question on the Legality of Flashlights ...

Spotlighting deer in Pa is legal except with a weapon and during deer season. Certain time rules “You CAN spotlight between sunrise and 11 p.m. any other time of the year — just not during the regular firearms deer season. You CAN’T shine a light on any building, farm animal or photoelectric cell no matter what time you’re spotlighting.”

Over 100 deaths a day from guns—but them damn flashlights (and cameras) are so dangerous we need some laws and regulatin’ of them summabiches.

People tend to complain more about deaths/injuries that aren’t part of “the plan”. There’s no shock or outrage from the average citizen over the 30,000-40,000 traffic deaths that occur on a yearly basis in the US.

BTW, in 2019 over half of US gun-related deaths were suicides. Statistically men are good at suicide so I think they would have found a way with or without a gun.

First off I’m a gun owner but I have to comment about the statement that 30-40k traffic deaths a year doesn’t get the same reaction as gun deaths. That really is not a good comparison. If those traffic deaths were people aiming their cars into a crowd of people or all were do to drunk driving, there would be a different reaction to them. Thats the last I’m going to say about this to keep this thread from getting closed. :sunglasses:

I doubt that the reaction would be that different unless the media decided to take it up as a cause and spoke against privately owned automobiles.

A lot of the shock and outrage around gun-related deaths is media-influenced. My point was mostly about volume and expectations. People like to quote numbers that sound impressive out of context. Neither firearm nor automobile accidents are among the top ten causes of deaths in the US.

And I do think it’s misleading to lump suicides involving guns together with other gun violence as if all those suicides would just go away if guns were harder to legally buy (or even somehow ceased to exist altogether).

If anyone wants to discuss outside the thread feel free to PM me.