RAFFLE - stop smoking

I'm now the second person on the forum you've accused of not being a real smoker ..You keep using the same worn out excuse that somehow you're the only real smoker on the planet , thats just pure horses**t . .. I started smoking at 18 . at 43 I quit for a year at 44 I started smoking again at 46 i quit being addicted .( the important part of that sentence is.. i quit being a dick ) at that point i chose not to be driven by cigarettes i chose to rule over them ,not the other way around ...For 3 years I smoked about 10 cigarettes a week usually at a bar all in one night ...Rule was I wasn't allowed to buy a pack .I could bum them or pay some individual if I so chose but going to the store and buying a pack was out .. I had quit but was allowing myself a little wiggle room .I didn't want to be addicted .Smoking wasn't the problem ,the addiction was .At 49 I fell off the wagon and bought a pack and smoked for about 6 more months till I finally just quit without any fanfare ,without telling anyone ,and I stopped saying I used to smoke ..I shifted over to ..I don't smoke ,,But it would be real stupid to let you insinuate for one second I never really was a smoker ..i've burned down more than 3 packs a day and done 2 or more lots and lots ..I'd guess I was a pack and a half of marboro reds for 30 + years ..if you think you can't quit ... than you can't ... just change your mind .set your will against your mind and you'll find your brain is just a bunch of active nerves and chemical reactions .it doesn't know a dream from reality ...Man up

I have never tasted even once a cigarette until the age of 30 when I got my first boy.

I started smoking cigars, maybe one / month, good ones :)

Hobby is starting to fade now, I smoke maybe one in two months excluding winter because of cold...

Still, have tasted cigarette now and cannot get the idea, why waste good leaf on such crap, which has almost absolutely no taste

say wah , now now now thats not true Laughing

23 years smoker, now vaper (for two years). At first I thought it was idiotic, next I was curious, now I am one of them

My opinion, if you are a smoker try it. Heck, I discovered flashlights after I made myself the question "what else can I do with my pile of 18650s, 16340s, 18350s, 14500s, 10440s e.t.c. (which I use in ecig mods)?"

(Closing this message while graciously vaping my GGTS at 6V / EM510HV with 12mg Flavourarts cookie that I "cooked").

I very much want to try vapor but ilegal here in Australia

Illegal huh. That sucks. But you guys are making me excited to try this.

I hope you like it. For me it is like smoking with better flavor, without the stink and the cancer.

Also have in mind, if, at first, you find it "too light" for your throat, there are many "settings" to make it as harsh as you want (LR atomizers, higher voltage, higher nicotine e.t.c.).

I've been vaping since Jan '10...... you can buy e-cigs in Aus and it's ok to import nicotene juice. If you are interested you can check out the Aussie Vapers Forum. http://forums.aussievapers.com/index.php

That will be a plus. Once I got sick and couldn't smell anything for awhile. Finally when I got my smell back all I could smell was cigarettes on my clothes. I got used to it again. But it gave me an idea of why non-smokers hate the smell.

thanks for the link Tas , far as I knew from googling done in the past and just now there ilegal or so it seems

Ranged against the devices, however, is a host of governments and scientists doing their best to ensure that the unregulated, untested and potentially unsafe e-cigarettes are kept out of smokers' hands. E-cigarettes are currently illegal in Australia, Canada, Thailand, Singapore and Brazil. Meanwhile, multinational tobacco and pharmaceutical companies watch from the sidelines, unsure whether e-cigarettes represent a threat or an opportunity for their multi-billion pound global businesses.

heres the link http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2011/01/e-cigarettes.cfm

If thats correct wat sorta mugs we got runnin the show

wat eva I wann'em bad time 2 go buy some

...hey don't screw with me ...I just quit smoking remember .. :P

it is so hard to give up smoking

no it is super easy , just get some chantix

i guess its a "bad drug" and causes some people some side effects but over all its way better than smoking.

it makes you feel queasy at first but you bite the bullet and take it - best advice is dont even worry about it , dont over analyze it. if you feel bad then stop taking it

otherwise it goes like this , you take it with food for a week or 2 ( again you dont even think about what your doing )

after a while you just dont care about smoking , you smoke less and less. put the cigs away , then chuckem. I took a few weeks and stopped taking the med a month or 2 afterwards. they say to take it for 6 months - that it helps you say quit - whatever . i stopped once i felt comfortable with it and you will. also on the company web site they have a sign up , questionnaire etc etc. what it does is contact you every day !!!

started to T me off - but i knew 8pm i was goint to answer the question , DID I SMOKE ?!? its automated so : ) i would say give it a try if you would like to overcome the smoking BS - worst case your out $150

I would encourage anyone to try it if you have any inclination to stop - it made something that was insurmountable EZ!!!! no lie

just to be completely forthright it did give me a shorter temper with the gf. it gives you VIVID dreams - actually very cool. unfortunately because it changes you sleep cycle and gives you dreams it makes you a bit nutty - just realize your quitting , tell ppl your quitting if you get crazy one someone.

another note: its been a year and some months. recently its been a little hard i thought about taking some as i have almost 2 packets left over.

if they wouldnt let people poison the tobacco you probably could actually smoke occasionally or quit without issue.

lol and i dont own ,work for or have stock in pfieser sp* - unless some mutual fund just bought some shares of it

best of luck , do whatever works !!

Do not take Chantix it is a bad drug. Yes the dreams are cool, but the anger it unleashes is not cool. Please steer clear of this stuff, it won't be on the market much longer because it makes people crazy. Chantix makes you angry you will find yourself yelling at people and getting mad for no reason. I would never recommend this drug to anyone, it should have never passed stage one testing. If you really want to try it Google it and see how many people snapped and committed heinous crimes while on this drug.

chantix should make you where a chantix tshirt and head band warning i am on chantix !

to speak to the anger part for myself i can have quite a hot fast temper. i can control it well But in certain circumstances instead of going from 1 to 6 or 8 i went from 0 to a 22. in milliseconds, about ready to kill - but other than that is completely harmless : ) lol i dont know what else that drug may do to you

if you use it be forewarned

IDK if i mentioned it previously this messes up you sleep cycles - from my uneducated deductions it gives you similar sleep patterns like an actual psychotic person's sleep patterns.

good luck