Ranting: the piss-poor state of nowadays' customer support (WhatsApp)

XDA Forums- I joined. Place is HUGE.

Toss me a rope~~~~~~~Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S5 @ XDA labs - All S5 related sheesh.

Everything seems well cooked already. Read carefully. Start taking a look at “Settings -> About phone” to know your exact device ID, and don't forget to quickly tap over “Build number” a bunch of times if you haven't already activated your “Developer options” menu.

^:)

I found what section I was needing there as for the forum area.

And the Dev options have been activated long ago. It was 10pm man. I do sleep..LOL

I need to dig in and read

The "throw me a rope" was a joke.

This makes me think, I ought to check out my phone. Isn’t there an option on whats app to not backup your chats?

I don't think so. However, you can do that with the hack I explained above. Delete/rename your Databases folder and then create a Databases file: 100% efficient.

I've had some issues with the app recently, had to reinstall it a handful of times (various crappy more recent versions). If you have to reinstall, delete your Databases file and let the app make a backup file or restore your backed up database(s) file(s) into Databases folder. After this you can uninstall and reinstall safely if in need to fix some app mess up (of course don't delete your Whatsapp storage folder LoL), it will restore all your chat messages from the backup in no time.

Cheers ^:)

Beautiful! Got that implemented right now :sunglasses:

Just a thought to maybe think about:

When you use a “free” application/service, don’t expect any real customer support. Remember that you are not the customer, you are the product.

i rooted/decrapified an s5 and traded it to a friend.
now all his other devices are collecting dust.
these are cheap free with contract devices that nobody in the android community will exert more than 5 minutes of effort to.
all my devices are rooted and bloatware/unused apps removed.
and i have no issues with whatsapp.
if i did i would kick it to the curb.
nobody really needs all the junk apps that are out there.if they whine about root i need them even less.
and a fat hosts file blocks 99.9% of ads and other annoyances.
keeping my note 3 for a long while….