Really cool looking LED "filament" light bulbs

I bought one of these that was 240v and it obviously didn’t work. Be careful and check before you order…

What a great resource and some interesting reading. Thank you so much for posting all those detailed bulb tests!

Its even more amazing that this cheap decorative bulb scored the highest lm/W rating out of all DaveO’s LED test bulbs. It would be interesting to see how many hrs of service they provide on average.

Oh this is awesome…your website is really really informative!

Thanks, good link dangerous.

I’ve been using two of these 8w bulbs for a couple of months and love them.
They give a nicer light than low wattage compact cfl bulbs and instant full brightness. They have good output, similar to a 50-60w bulb. I paid £5 each from aliexpress.
Tested on a variac constant brightness is from 90-250v so they have a good driver.
I like the ’ sparkle ’ like you would get from a filament bulb, colour temp is similar maybe slightly cooler but only a fraction.

that’s amazing!

djozz, after this character posted in a few threads it became clear that they were a non-automated spammer. Every post was approximately the same length and structure: relevant introduction, same spam link, more relevant text.

You may want to edit your post to remove their link?

I'm too naive I guess. Since my answer would not of use to a spammer I just removed the post :-)

It’s not you: that was a top notch spammer. I was also fooled in the first thread where they posted! Very strong spamming technique, but also very expensive and wasted here IMO.

I’m doing an art project for a friend with these things. Houses here in the US have 240vin, at the dryer and possibley even in the kitchen. I’m building an array of these things hanging down from black cord’s and I will be running 240 from their box to the control switches for the light arrays hard wired in the wall, you could also simply use 240v outlets and cord’s and you’ll be safe. As long as the local code is followed about the general safety and installation stuff it’s perfectly find to run 240v in your house as needed.

those are cob strips which are a bunch of small dies in series covered in phosphor.
the bulb in the first pic has the strips in paralell so hopefully any failure will take out just 1 strip.