Reasonably priced LED yard light ('wow')..any others out there?

…the instructions are as useless as the translator used. A 16’ (or so) installation in a pitch black outdoor environment yields pretty impressive output in terms of total throw in all directions. Tint is the same (nice). Not much luck dialing in the motion sensor initially yet haven’t given up. Instructions indicate only 10 meters of ‘something’ related to (). Operation adjustment knobs are terrible. Motion adjustment is nothing but a lubed o-ring joint which surprisingly works.
The total damage ended up being (7) 74 watt (self measured) warm(ish) fixtures for inside, outside and work light applications. Hopefully, they will last more than a couple months or years yet it’s been fun seeing what a $20 bill can accomplish in 2018 versus what it would have cost for (cough) “11,000 lumen/3000K” otherwise.

Thanks, Bigtrav! :slight_smile:

Update on the MissBee lights from Amazon:
Every one is still working when asked to whether inside or out. The motion obviously has a short range yet still works as well. As stated previously, the tint is warm, pleasing enough to work by and compliments the LED (warm) spotlights suggested earlier in this thread when used together outside.

I have observed the FEIT 100W/10000 lumen in another application outside (bare) and it also works well in an irregularly covered area. A friend had an application where it was covering (bare again) a 5 acre rectangular shaped lot pretty well. I was surprised at how far that it threw in an unobstructed area and am curious as to how a standard metal halide inexpensive yard light fixture will shield it after some modifications to the reflector for fitment.

The Morris is still doing great and the Westgate with various sensors/controls has still not found a home.

Thanks for the update Freedom!

-Garry

A friend did some finaggling around in his metal halide yard light that is probably this one using the Menards FIET 100 Watt/10,000 lumen corn cob bulb. He gutted some extra room out up top while performing the bypass and it ended up fitting pretty well (or close to it). https://www.essentialhardware.com/cooper-lighting-gt100mh-metal-halide-area-light-bronze-136598.html

He’s having some unrelated electrical issues so I haven’t yet seen it in use yet on the bench it’s pretty impressive. It’ll be exposed to average snow/heat so we’ll see what an enclosure like that does to it with not a lot of venting (there’s some out the back I believe).

If it saves him from convincing another neighbor to ever again (crazily, imo) climb up to change a bulb; he’ll be happy and I might be convinced to look at other used reflector designs out there as I stumble across them. I’ve got a Sasco 3000K/10,000 L that I’d like to find a home for or to cover the FIET still in use as well.