Recommendations for _SOLID_ 18650 light. Not the lowest budget.

I think I measured the original one to be about 16mm in diameter.
Not sure though, if the hole can be made bigger :wink:

Itā€™s certainly food for thought, Iā€™d hate to write a light off for the sake of a little attention, besides if one person made a buck driver fit, another must be able too some how. :bigsmile:

Donā€™t know if the lck-led driver is exactly the same as an infamous KD driver originally made for the SSC P7 but that driver had a bad rep for failures from shorting out or overheating then failing. DX had a decent 3A buck 3 mode driver made for 22 mm pill but I havenā€™t spotted any new 16-17 mm buck drivers in the ā€œbudgetā€ category.

This is the correct answer.

/thread

Seriously, there are very few lights I would buy over a Zebralight. I LOVE my Zebras.

Cheap Thrills,

Just within your budget is a Malkoff MD-2 w/ M61 & Hi/Low ring. Just about as solid a light as youā€™ll find. Gene is now making XML and Nichia 219 Hi CRI drop-ins.

IMO feels like a waste of space to get one capable of using 26650 and then use just 18650 :~

ā€œUnreliable head controlā€, as Foy described it, does not sound goodā€¦ On the other hand, I have no personal experience on this light.

Zebrasā€¦ They just do it ALL.
But AFAIK user was asking o bit of a thrower, which I believe SC600 is not good at. Well, I could recommend it anyway since my SC51 is very versatile all-rounder.

Gurthang: About those Malkoffs, again no personal reference but as far as quality goes, I have understood that they are pretty high in the food chain.
Output though seems lowish and Iā€™m not sure how they throw.

You would be surprised how far the SC600 goes, even in neutral white (which drops 110lumens off of the highest output).

He does a distance shot at the end that shows how well it really does with distance.

I'll second agenthex's recommendation for the M6 but I think a better choice, since you brought up the brand, might be an Xin TD L2 . . .

Is bright as heck on one or two batteries and has some serious throw. It's also one of the best made lights in my collection. Tough act to beat at $55.

You can read me fawning all over it here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7079

my02Foy

UltraFire UF-T50 or if you want more throw UltraFire UF-980L. The UF-T50 out throws the Zebralight SC600 by the way which is also an excellent choice but more expensive. You could buy both UltraFire lights and batteries for the price of the Zebralight.

I must admit I have heard only praise from the friend who replaced broken STL with this.
He is, ehm, ā€ a heavy kind of user ā€ what comes to gear he carries. No malfunctions with thisā€¦

Only problem was the tube, too short for most of 2 x 18650 protected batteries.

Should I seek professional help because Iā€™ve watched so many Going Gear videos that I recognize Marshallā€™s hand? :open_mouth:

The new EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky with a U2 is also a decent choice.

Trust me, youā€™re not the only one.

My only beef with my new EagleTac light is the threads are not anodized and they are wearing. The oil that I put on the threads to keep them from wearing is typically gray by the end of the week. That bothers me.

[quote=KLowD9x]

[quote=luvlites]

Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll have to keep an eye on that.