Recommendations please .... Compact 16340 light or less with infinitely variable magnetic control ring

AliExpress has several stores with the V11R!!!

Lowest price is about $35!

Oh dear, I bought a couple of v11r’s from fasttech couple of weeks ago. My account says item has been shipped with a picture of the package before sending. Fingers crossed …

I also happened to get an Eye10 recently that I did a triple mod on

Planning to do similar mods to the swm’s. I love the simplicity of UI on these type of lights.

Yeah mine never passed the “order received’ stage so perhaps you received the last pieces they had in stock.

All last week I EDC’d a V11R. Great little light. The one I EDC’d is the camouflage limited edition version and it had a few mods made by me:

• Replaced emitter with 4000K XPL HI 5A2 on copper noctigon for more throw and improved color temp and tint.
  • Replaced stock clicky switch with titanium clicky switch housing. The very earliest V11Rs came with both a clicky switch with rubber boot and a separate switch housing and button made of titanium. The titanium switch looked great, but was poorly designed as the button would bind when depressed. For my mod I used the titanium housing but completely replaced the internal switch guts.
  • Replaced switch guts with electronic switch unit made by Steve Ku. Several years ago I purchased some e-switch modules designed for Steve Ku’s Sunwayman V10 custom Titanium bodies. I didn’t buy the titanium, just had the switches. Since I didn’t have the custom internals to hold the switch module, I built my own using scraps of copper, aluminum, sugru, and epoxy. I also added a separate spring.

I’m quite happy with how this mod came out.

• The light has a beautiful titanium switch button to turn the light on and off.
  • It’s an e-switch so is much quieter than a clicky, but is still enough to give a noticeable click when the light goes on.
  • The titanium button does not bind against its housing since travel distance is much shorter than the clicky it was designed for.
  • The extra spring means the button needs a firm press to get it to depress. All of the comfort and quietness of an e-switch without the too-soft touch that sometimes causes them to turn on accidentally in the pocket.

That said, this week I switched to an Eagtac DX3. The DX3 is a tiny bit smaller than V11R, comes with built-in USB charging, temp sensor, battery indicator, and most importantly: nearly 4x the output (around 1700 lumens out-the-front). It also maintains high output much better than a D4. I run the DX3 on an Aspire 18350.

When I ordered 3 back in December for gifts It stated on the site ships in 5 days. It did ship in about that 5 day period.
I know it says In stock now, but I’m pretty sure you will get your light if you wait. Unless this is a discontinued item.

If you have any spare Ku switches I would love to buy them :innocent:

It took a couple extra weeks but I got my order :partying_face: Just last week I opened a ticket with Fasttech and was thinking of opening a paypal dispute soon. Made the order on 15th march and it arrived today 1st june.