Recovering from surgery is not fun

Looks like the AC adapter for my laptop is good, but my laptop battery is stuck at 0%.

I'll take it to the same repair place I did before, as I believe they know what they're doing, and I think they are honest.

My mom has a computer problem as well.

She fell for a phishing scam and now has to change some of her passwords.

I thought she was too smart to fall for such an obvious scam, but apparently she's not as tech-savvy as I had hoped.

The laptop I’m banging on right now is AC-only, no battery-pack even plugged in. Got the dreaded 4-orange-flashes (or whatever), shows the battery’s in but not charging. Tried all the tricks of pressing’n’holding the power button for 30sec, removing the pack, letting it sit unplugged overnight, you name it, but it’s still dead.

Ironically that’s supposed to happen when the battery’s plugged in forever running on AC vs being allowed to run down.

Wellp, the laptop’s much lighter now.

What are the chances that the AC adapter AND the battery pack both went bad at the same time?

That's what I expect when I take it to the repair shop.

Chris.
You only a baby. My Daughter is 56 with 2 brothers over 50.
You’re just warming up to it. (oldER age)
It starts seriously wearing out after 75 believe me.
Enjoy it while you got it hey. At whatever level you’ve made it.

Lightb.
I use Lappie’s as desktop, then take overseas on trips. Or used to. Nowadays it’s a 10in Tablet and smart phones.
I never use Lappie battery. it been in cupboard since new.
Mains and cable NBN, not Wi-Fi. only.
It’s still as slow as a wet weekend compared to Di’s PC though.

Jeeez.
We a mob of worn out old farts.
Ain’t we….

I called the repair shop, and they thought it was the battery.

So I ordered a new laptop battery, it arrived yesterday, I installed it, and now my laptop is working perfectly!

I think spending $90 on a six year old laptop may not be the best idea, but I didn't want to get a new laptop yet.

I hope you recover quickly.

About tooth neglect, I’m also guilty. I’ve been very lucky, as my tooth enamel has been very strong. When I was a kid my sister was often getting cavities filled, while I just sailed through dental checkups. I never flossed then. Mom didn’t impress that upon me. In my teens, my dentist tried to get me to floss… and I’d usually do it just the day prior to a visit.

Anyway, my luck has run out. I had financial problems and couldn’t afford health insurance, so I went without dental visits for 8 years. However, I forced myself to floss & brush twice daily. Each brushing session consisted of: 1) flossing, 2) general brushing, 3) follow-up brushing, then showering with toothpaste foam in mouth for 5 minutes, 4) mouthwash. I was fine, until earlier this year I noticed a dark brown spot that wouldn’t go away. Turns out, it’s a cavity. And now it’s bigger. I also feel some enamel worn away in other areas. I’m dreading the dental bill…