Repulsor flashlight! Iron man would be happy to have it ;)

I am so tempted but my input here would just be cantankerous. It’s just best I leave this thread. Best of luck.

Honest, I tried but just had to edit this in.

I feel a meltdown coming!!!

Ok, I’m done. Time for the serious minds to be helpful.

I don’t see how keeping the outside of the case relatively cool is impossible.

But…

I don’t think it would be completely cool neither, that’s got to be some serious insulation. Even if the HID bulb is fully insulated, there would be a lot of heat coming from the ballasts as well.

BTW I feel that some of us here are getting a bit too rude.

Maybe the heat is vacuumed up with the vacuum cleaner hoses to a fan out the back.

So is there a different flashlight for different waist sizes? Or is it ‘One size for all’?

Fair enough.

Let me add something constructive.
It appears that there are a number of air inlets in the lens housing. I can only guess that there is a cooling fan pulling the heat out of the heads. One thing is for sure, the heat cannot “stay inside”

The OP could have just given that answer :frowning:
So then, we’re getting somewhere, how’s the waterproofness?
(sorry Repulsor, we’re kind of used here to dismantle everything we see :smiley: )

Active cooling! Yes that explains those thick tubes to the back.
I would love to see a teardown of this!

The OP has not been very forthcoming with hard details. Makes me wonder if he’s not ready to have the inner workings published on the Internet for everyone to see. The Chinese have proven themselves to have no morals when it comes to intellectual property rights.

Ok people… see the reason I asked if these were automotive HID projectors is because I know they are automotive projectors (At least judging by the outer casing). A few year back when I was into modding cars there were people who retro-fitted these into the stock headlamps to make them into projectors. In some models there is a electronic actuator inside that flips a “curtain” to switch between low/hi beams, but it was often removed to allow more light OTF. This design is very common and it will be the first 20 results when you search for “HID projector” in ebay.

Without any modification, these are intended to be retro-fitted inside an existing lamp and offers no water resistance at all. I will not make assumptions of how the repulsor light is built, but I can’t deny the fact that this is a very technical and open forum and details must be shared. :laughing:

Hello!
You can change the size of the belt according to your body :wink:

Ok, $30 on Amazon, you get the two, and another $10 for the H1 bulbs. And you need two extra casings without the innerts to make the backside, some tubing, tape, computer-fans…… It sure is a fun device! :slight_smile:

My guess is that they are using li-po cells for this. Not sure if you could reach igniting amperage with li-ion. Also, li-po would make sense for their claimed 1 hour runtime. Doubt you could achieve that with an ion.

@Repulsor, you fed the beast now!
Welcome to BLF, where everything that glows is reverse-engineered and critiqued in front of the public!

Looks like the cat’s out of the bag

i still think we could whipe SOMEthing up LED with gooseneck and a backback, lol…

I know what. Get a few rc battery packs, a couple of liquid cooled cpu coolers, some extra hose, some extra bits and pieces, and a few Cree CXAs and you would be in business!

The VF on those CXA’s is soooo high.
You would probably need 20 cells in series to power the big one. That just scares me.

Not my picture, see here

Post 1007 if the link doesn’t work

You do not need the biggest one.
2pcs CXA1520-CXA1850 will be just OK with their 35V Vf.

Yeah it seems we are alomost at the point whre we know what the parts are, where to get them and it probably wont be long before we have figured a better way to mae it with LEDS?

How does this LUMENS measuring work? Two lights des not double the lumens right?
Because I a thinking, you claim 500 meter shining in superpower.

Well I know the Thorfire S70 is reaching well over 800 meter.
It has a good strap so can be worn at the same waist level as the repulsor hansfree (but more versatile, it canbe hung on much more then a belt).
It has nice modes, so one could use it to light work close by without being blinded.
A fast recap of costs, S70 and 4 26650 cells would costs around $120/140.
As far as repulsing go, the sheer size of a S70 makes for an excellent weapon for defence.
The runtime is longer then the repulsor with big cell pack.
The housing is an excellent heatsink, no heat issues.
It can stand pouring rain.
If we spend the 175-120 (or 140) = 55 (or 35) on cells we can get 10 more cells (5 pair) making the runtime on 1 S70 at least 10 times longer then the repulsor.

So why is the repulsor a better option?