restocked: Klarus G35

They are interested in buying 3.

mail sent...

Sorry if I was unclear. SoCalTiger is correct. Thanks for the message. Just ordered 3.

Can I just go to your blog for code? If not, please pm

of course!

good news!

all the backorders will be sent soon

thanks for your patience

Are there any reviews out there for this light already? My searching seems to throw up group buys and random YouTube videos but I can’t find any decent beam shots / comparisons.

I got one in the post today and I need to do a review on it but I’m not sure if it’s as bright as it should be.

Side by side against my TM16GT at the length of my road the TM16GT is noticeably brighter.

I need to get some beam shots of a few lights but even at 11pm it’s still not totally dark out.

Hi chrisc,
here you could find some beamshots and parts of a nice review.

Greets
Carsten

To me it looks like brightness and throw depends on the batteries used. I don’t know why, usually 3 cells should be able to provide the power for maximum output just with shorter runtimes as long as they are not totally rubbish.

My post from the other thread

restocked!

open orders wil ship ASAP

Okay this light IS fussy about cells you put in it then.

I tried some 30Q (flat) and some VTC6 (flat) and both game a similar reading. In my non scientific bathroom ceiling bounce test I got

30Q - 106.1
30Q - 240.4 (with 2 magnets)

VTC6 - 105.8
VTC6 - 246.7 (with 2 magnets)

These numbers dont relate to anything like lumens or have any way of working something out but the light is MUCH brighter with the two magnets on each cell. You can actually see the light fire up on the lower mode very very very briefly then jump up to turbo. I can’t seem to capture it on video as it takes maybe 1/10th of a second but you can notice it as very quick ramping.

My initial impression of this light wasn’t that great. Now I can’t wait for it to get dark!

Well, y’all didn’t think I’d leave this alone did ya? :stuck_out_tongue:

I cut the opening in the reflector larger to get rid of the flat area, made a Delrin cup for a centering ring. Yesterday I swapped in an XHP-35 HI in E2 3D binning. The reflector was sitting a bit high and the bezel wouldn’t really lock down at that height, so today I took a torch to the head portion and broke the glue so I could unscrew it a bit. Now the bezel seats fully, snugging the reflector against my Delrin cup and the hot spot is nice and uniform with no more shadow in the center. Last night I used it on my Thursday night walk and it lit up the barn at 610 yds very well. :smiley:

Happy with it for the most part. Seems that one cell is always discharged more than the other two. And the emitter shelf is an insert that’s press fit in, so I can’t access the driver to bump output a little like I want. Still, all in all it exceeds the Manker U21/Utorch UT02 and I do like the UT02 so this Klarus G35 is a tick above, with better run times on 3 18650’s.

Edit: Checked the numbers and it does…

27.4 lumens
2015 at start

At 5 Meters from the Sensor, 281.5Kcd for 1061.13M throw.

by comparison, in stock form it was making…

28.74 Lumens
2114.85 at start (after the other readings) 2038.95 at 30 seconds.

At 5 Meters testing, I got 223.5Kcd for 945.52M throw.

Took the G35 out for a look around this evening, even under (and I mean directly under!) a huge full moon, I can clearly see a tree and it’s leaves at 534 yds. A train, at over 1200 yds, shows reflections off the cars and wheels. Literally with the full moon rising directly over the beam, showing deep orange and not very high off the horizon.

cool! :)