resurrecting a protected 26650

Yeah, more AH from a panny-B 18650… Ironic, eh?

I asked (separate thread) if anyone had experience with a DV-S9. Beautiful light, a bit cool but nice and bright. Magnetic switch so “infinitely adjustable” (kinda).

Claimed 1200lm, kinda doubt that, but it is well up there from informal ceiling-bounce testing I did. If indeed 3.8A, might pay to go with a 30Q instead of panny-B.

This has a a spring on both sides, so I’d be okay with going flat-top.

Absolutely! :smiley:

Yep, might have to do that anyway. Will see in about an hour or so…

I have the Starrylight branded version of that dive-light. Surprisingly nice for the price, compact, easy to take apart. Just beware the parasitic drain is ridiculously high. This is a side-effect of using an analog type of hall-effect sensor for the power slider, and I did not find an obvious way to avoid it. This version does lock out well at the tail cap with <1/4 turn.

They used to much cheaper than this:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_353326.html

I wish this would lock out, if anything just to stop the drain. Going over 3 O-rings feels tight, and the last one seemed to almost bulge as if the tailcap were pushing it out of its groove. Don’t want to keep on screwing/unscrewing the cap all the way, and I’d like to use it on a regular basis.

The emitter doesn’t seem as Angry Blue as the side-beamshot pic shows, and to me it seems more neutral than the “6500K-7000K”. And the color, aaaah that nice deep indigo with red trim. “Blue” doesn’t nearly do it justice. And no justice, no peace!

UF copied its way into the history books with this one. :smiley:

If it would only have TCLO…

(re: DV-S9)

Bugger! It does lock out! In fact, yeah, only an eighth of a turn is enough to lock it out, so I have to really snug it up tight to get it to work again. :smiley:

With cheapie meter-leads, it draws a hair over 2A on high, and has a 10mA parasitic drain. About as much as a lighted tailcap, I imagine. Still, it does that on the sneak, so I’d definitely lock it out when not in use.

(re: DE 26650)

Yeah, it dead. Skinned it, it’s registering only a fractional volt. Could get more juice from sticking different metal strips in a potato than from this critter.