Review: Aleto XML-T6 5 Mode 26650 "Zoomie" - The big brother to the Sipik SK68! *PIC HEAVY!*

yup ebay. click on that link on the first post

There’s no 3 mode of this is there?

Just ordered one!

Thanks for the tip on this light. Got mine today. Not bad.

Might be a lot better with a new driver. My DMM says around 1.1 at the tailcap — so WOEFULLY underpowered. Still, though, it’s brighter than any of my three sk98s (zoomed in and out) I tried and the zoomed-out emitter projection size is about half the size of the sk98’s, which explains why it is brighter. The beam is almost the exact same size as the M12 flood and spot. Still light here so can’t tell for sure, but it seems maybe a hair less bright than the m12, but pretty darn close.

>>>>>- the head is very lose and has no resistance. This mean tip it head down and it zooms.

Just need to replace the piece-of-crap metal c ring with a traditional rubber o ring. Two-minute fix and now it zooms like a dream. Had to do the same thing with my M12. Had the same junky metal c ring in it. If you like the feel of the metal-on-metal c ring, you could also fool around with the stock ring and tighten it up. I like the feel of the rubber ring instead of that scratchy metal one (which will eventually scratch the light barrel).

Someone said that the m12 is better built. Yes, it is. Having said that though, there’s nothing wrong with the aleto. I’ll keep mine. I think I’ll get another so I can change out the stock driver. maybe I’ll do both the m12 and this at the same time. Both sure could use the extra power.

Nice little light. Certainly can’t beat the price! Thanks again for the tip!!

finally someone with the aleto and m12. and your the one that got me to purchase those sk98 clones ubehebe. i actually just sent that out to tom E to get it modded. those sk98’s are one heck of a light.
so right when you said this aleto is brighter, i almost went searching for an aleto, but untill i read that your m12 might still be a bit brighter, then neh, i might as well get the m12.

It lights up well, to me. The exteriors look beautiful. Black and clean. Good review.

Hi all, i bought this flashlight and it came with a led called CHX fitted instead of the XML-T6, has anyone had one of these chx leds and how does it compare to the xml t6.

i would be grateful for any help before i complain to the seller.

great review.

atb, mike

Got mine. Really like the host, but the light is pretty dim. Haven’t measured current yet, but I wonder how much light is lost in the plastic lens. I see various glass atmospherics on ebay from time to time. Need to measure and keep an eye out.

Show a picture of the led.

Mine arrived, the zoom is pretty horrible and scratchy. Apart from that it feels pretty nice. What size o-ring do I need to make a nice smooth zoom? My sk98 clone arrived yesterday and its zoom is like butter.

Oh, mine has square cut threads.

It seems like everyone is liking this light. Does it come with the 18650 sleeve?

Would you guys purchase the Aleto or this light?

I have both. The Aleto comes with a 18650 sleeve. Not sure which I like most yet. The smaller one is obviously lighter and easier to carry around. I think I prefer the tint of my smaller one but that might just be luck.

Both! :wink:
I would pick the format you prefer. The SK98 is easier to pocket and just about as bright. The Aleto has better run time and a forward clicky. I do not have that exact model of SK98, but generally build quality is good. Someone won one of those in my giveaway, you could ask him how it is. I forget the name right now…

The only thing I dislike about both of them is the next time you switch it on it goes to the next mode, so if you first have it on high, then switch it off, it will always go to medium (or low if 3 mode) next. then it will go to the next mode the next time, so after low you get strobe. I’d prefer if it only remembered for a couple of seconds.

spaceboy, it seems like the smaller one has more positives aspects than the Aleto. I am sure both are great zoomie lights.

Relic38, haha! no no… can’t give in lol… I think I will be going with the smaller one since I do not use/have any 26650 batteries.

What’s the difference between these two? One is a clone?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1174500

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1206301

They are both clones, meaning neither is an original product. I’m not sure which is better, if there is any difference. I sent the UF one to someone IIRC. I do not recall seeing any feedbaxk on it.

Not true. The Aleto seems to be the original 26650. There is no other as far as I am aware.

The Sipik sk98 (original 18650?) has a hollow pill and is worse than the one in this thread I believe.

The 18650 has a smaller pill than the 26650 so heatsinking is not as good. I reckon you could leave the Aleto on high for longer.

I was referring to the two SK98 items Sergio linked, not the 26650 version. I have no idea who created the original 18650 version.

>>>>>>What size o-ring do I need to make a nice smooth zoom?

Harbor Freight and ebay both have giant o-ring assortments for $15 and under. That’s what I use. Try a few sizes until I find the right one, but I didn’t write down what I used, so I have no idea which one is on there.

Good quality o-rings too. Sure beats going to Home Depot and buying 10 (that may not be the right size) for $5. You can have 250 (or more) for twice the price. Both HF and ebay have both SAE and metric assortments. I use SAE on lights, although I’m sure the lights are designed and manufactured using metric measurements. But they work fine also and the metric police haven’t nabbed me yet for subbing an o-ring measured in inch fractions instead of one measured in metric.

Getting rid of that horrible scratchy metal c-ring even made the light seem brighter. :wink: