Review: Aurora SH-034

Cheaper than metal. Not a clue about production economics though,

Just as long at the light functions as it should right......its not like the retaining ring is going to come off many times.

Thanks for the pics man......i like the beam profile of the light, especially with Cree's. Mine still says packaging.....its been saying that since saturday.

Beamshots of the usual tree just about to go up on the main review at the top.

Hey buddy just wanted you to know that the light shipped....now its time to play the waiting game.Cool

Hope you don't have to wait too long. It is nice, very nice.

Let us have your review once it arrives. The more reviews the merrier. We don't all want the same things from our lights so the more viewpoints the better.

I'm saving my money for one of these just now. http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2563.msg32863#msg32863 This is NOT a budget light but just now I have the money - this state of affairs will not continue..

Just hope it won't be too long till he builds the next batch. Just missed the first batch so all the debugging will be done by the first people to buy one. This suits me.

And who or what are you trying to blind....lol. Dang with that light you can see for miles.Sealed Well i have been looking around all the light sights and havent seen anything that i would like to have. If anything i might order the SS 18650 light that you have.

Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be anything interesting, then a bunch of them arrive all together. Like when the Cree LEDs first appeared and everything changed.

Well i have been checking out a lot of lights and so far there has'nt been anything thats been floating my boat.

Post Office!

Get on the case!

Al is waiting for you....

While you are at it deliver the several DX orders I have waiting...

Now that is just too funny....i hate waiting for the mailman. I wonder if it would be worth it for me just to use EMS next time.Cool

This is still the best built light I've come across except for a CR2 Ion I got to test on a passaround - but it was a $200 light aimed at pure flood which isn't my thing. Nor did it like rechargeables which is just plain silly. Its build quality was wonderful but the price was way too high for me. The Aurora is about as good as it gets and is affordable for just about anyone. I'd recommend it without hesitation to anyone who is prepared to use CR123/RCR123 cells. Must check it out on a primary. 7dayshop.com has some decent prices on lithium primaries just now so may get some.

Hey Don so how much is that vera power light gunna be by the time it hits our shores..

Since I'm buying it straight from the manufacturer, depends what HM Customs and Revenue hit me for. And the 8 quid clearance charge by the Royal Fail. Tell you once it actually gets here.

Since at the moment, Lambda is sorting out the farm on which he lives, it may take a while. The book price is $175 - so will cost quite a bit by the time it arrives. Will be my second US built custom light.

My first took 9 months to arrive but the Royal Fail didn't hit me up, nor did HM Customs and Excise. Doubt this will be the case this time.

Look forward to seeing it with a decent review I'm surprised you didnt make your own

What was your other custom light then?

Don that is why i got the light because of your recommendation. I have a stack load of primaries that i can try out, just wish i had a light meter as well. Nothing like going to work and having a package waiting to greet you in the hands of your wife.

It was made by Elektrolumens and has 3 K2 emitters. Runs on 4 C NiMH.

Here's a recent beamshot

Hey bud guess what, the light came in today...it is bright on both primaries and rcr's....im loving the mode memory.....stays in the mode you left it unlike some other lights that i used to have. I cleaned the threads and tightened up the switch retaining ring and also that copper thing right below the switch....and did i mention that the pill was lose. Now i can see why you like this light so much.

In keeping with tradition as with my other lights i attaced a split ring and swivel....i find that doing this the holes dont cut through the lanyard eyelet causing the lanyard to wear faster. I also used a dremel to cut a slot for the split ring to rest on instead of being in the way when using the light in a cigar grip hold.

How many Dremel discs did you wear out? Stainless steel is a lot harder than aluminium.

Wish all manufacturers thought of the slot and the split ring idea. Much nicer than the lanyard string.