Review: Blackshadow Darth NW (3 x XM-L | 3 x 18650)

Thank You!

thanks for the review

Great review, lovely looking torch too.

Good review, the reflector tips look a little bit creepy, don’t they?

I got my Darth today and it's everything you said it was. I like it for the $62 I paid for it. At $92 it's just not worth it. Perhaps if it was better driven...perhaps. For the $62 spent it is a fabulous quality light. Gorgeous finish and insane build quality. The control ring is smooth and a pleasure to use. I will be doing a full review this week.

Thanks the.

Can I use NCR18650 in my Darth? I was looking through the owners manual and it said in the caution section DO NOT use rechargeable Li-ion batteries without protective circuits.

I wonder why there are no listed lumen or lux specs anywhere? every site gives different info on it.

excellent review btw!

The owners manual says 1000 lumen, but for once they have understated that. I couldn’t wait any longer so I tried it out with some protected batteries that I had and WOW. It lit up the whole back yard, and had plenty of throw to. Very impressed. Well made, real glad that I got it. I will compare it with some of my other lights and let you know.

I tested mine with TF Flames as well as unprotected Panasonics. Results are the same with either so it’s definitely well regulated. Very floody and lights up everything out to a tree line 100yds out but not a whole lot past that. I don’t think any of us expected it to be a thrower. Know that going into it and you will be a happy camper. :wink:

High - 1450 OTF

Medium - 720 OTF

Low - 215 OTF

This looks like a great light to me!

How about a Group Buy or we should at least be able to gather 3 lucky people in the US. (I'm in Boston)

Regards,

Bob

Really wonderfully written review. Thanks for the effort. Sharing is caring.

Very nice review, thanks. Please can you compare the Darth with the Apex, side by side and beamshots if possible.

Hi, I just found the 3xU2 edition.
Does know Darth beat the King?

Manafont seems to have this in stock for reasonable amount. http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/black-shadow-cree-xml-u2-3led-1000lumen-4mode-flashlight-mode-adjustment-ring-titanium-finish-318650-p-11795

Other retailers sure to follow, too.

Excellent review like always,

How many darth’s are out there ?
I know there is the a T6 and U2 version but the U2 version (which I prefer - CW) comes between 1000lm to manafont and 2000lm for other sites,
I know that Blackshadow site gives 1500lm which probably is the right one.

Its the first time ever in the history of budget flashlights that they give less lumens for a flashlight or the 1000lm version like manafont is a different one ?

Tnx

Now it's only $65.90 at intl-outdoor.com

intl-outdoor went back up, first to ~70 and now ~73

but fasttech is 60.52 - 5% coupon!

I’ve held off long enough…ordering!

edit

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1699/10002648/1196400-fandyfire-darth-3-x-cree-xm-l-u2-2000lm-4-mode-whi

WAIT -+ fandyfire+ darth?

Down to the red box, it looks exactly the same as the original BlackShadow Darth I have, except the words FandyFire. Are they all just different brand names of the same manufacturer? Lexus and Toyota?