Review: BLF Edition AAA - World's thinest CREE XP-G R3 1xAAA - From CNQ

CNQ AAA

Thanks for the beamshot... maybe a mouse-over with the Maratac on high? Do you own the DQG Tiny II (neutral) by coincidence?

Any idea where the additional power goes on NiMH compared to alkas? (heat/efficiency)

Voltage ....

Looks like the driver is working hard to maintain current to the emitter , and efficiency increases with voltage ...

1.3v x 1A = 1.3Watt

1.7v x 0.37A = 0.629W

Thanks a ton... that tint is really nice. Might have to get one... like you said... only thing missing is a pocket clip.

You collected more stuff in the yard since you took all the other photo's :D haha

Thanks for the comparison. That is a nice tint, indeed. This seems to outperform the BLF Tank and at a slightly lower price even (over all, not in lumens).

And this is a single-mode which is not customized except for the faint printing.

Well.. I guess what I mean is it does what it claims to do and maybe even exceeds that. I don't really care about "BLF" printing on it. I also wasn't starting a BLF Tank vs CQG AAA flame war. I was merely comparing similar flashlights so we'll leave it at that.

Very nice review, thanks a lot Old! Only thing missing is a pocket clip and a few modes, in my opinion.

Frontpage'd and Sticky'd.

That is a VERY nice tint..hmmm

Sorry man. 'My' new flashlight is now riding comfortably in her purse.

Ahwell, at least I didn't get in trouble for buying another one AND I get my R5A3 back!

same clip i use on black cats tank703's and lots of little lights like that .. usually I have to split the ring and gently spread it to go around most lights .. this one just took 5 minutes of filing on the inside of the ring as it was already ..Oh so close ..the clip is almost half the size of the light it's self .

it's a pretty standard size clip from a pen ... so just look around ....you might already have one .

If anyone wants a clip PM me .

And no i won't ship a pen clip internationally ..take your light to the ballpoint pen store they'll have one :P

Anyone have the runtime on this? Alkalines, Lithiums and NIMHs?

Yup. I'm a runtime guy..

I broke down and ordered one of these this morning in NW.

I would be tempted if it just had a low. For an EDC, I can't imagine this high has much of a runtime.

That said, I know the rule is always carry a backup...for the backup.

Anybody else measured the tailcap current? I am getting about 0.5A on a charged NiMh. It is similar on lithium or alkaline. Mine is NW tint.