Review: CQG S2 Stainless Steel 1 x AA 3 mode EDC

wasn't this supposed to be a group buy at one time? Although at $17.50 and $1.50 for shipping it's a pretty good deal - how could it be lower, I mean the S1 was $15

I just got 2 of these. One had a bit of a finicky switch a few squirts of WD-40 and some furious clicking seems to have cleared that up fine. My main complaint which I have PM'd Ric about is that the 3 mode is H>M>L w/o memory on the ones I got. I was hoping for the advertised L>M>H. Also, mine came with an extra lens and 4 small split rings but no extra clicky. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it cleared up anytime soon with the new year either.

I just ordered an S2 about a week ago, and it was shipped, and now I find out that it's H > M > L (I confirmed this with Ric separately). :( Not happy about that, and I'm discussing with Ric what options we have.

I don't know what the mode arrangement of the 5-mode version is. Does anyone?

Update (Feb. 1, 2012): confirmed with Ric: both the 3-mode (which I have in my hand) and the 5-mode are H > M > L (> strobe > SOS).

Ordered on 2/2, ship confirm on 2/3. The order has been changed on the website to H-M-L on both 3- and 5-modes. Let's hope no spare switch means they've cleared up the earlier issues. Looks like beautiful machining on this light, I cannot detect the junction between tailcap and body when it's assembled.

And delivered on 2/9 - a new record! Beautiful little light. I'm at work so I had to wander around and find an AA to put in it (Even though web lists 14500 compatable, I don't trust it based on original review). I can confirm it starts on High no matter what. 1/2 depress to switch modes takes a little practice, may try the WD-40 trick. Did not come with a spare switch, just several metal rings and a (broken) spare lens in a tacky little wooden box. Form, size, modes and AA make this a perfect little EDC light and now I just have to get the AAA version. I am enthralled by the minimalist design and machining. You cannot detect the gap where the tailcap connects to the body. Nice smooth cool white beam with a decent hotspot. Lovin' it.Cool