Review: Haikelite SC01

I think that is a beams shot of the D1s, which isn’t released yet, but I believe freeme has a sample. It’s a C8 sized thrower, not a pocket thrower like the regular D1.

The D1 is released - Hank has 159 in stock, taking orders, and spec'd at 43 kcd in his D1 listing here. The beamshots are from BLFer: coaoxx.

I have a SC01 and think the reflector is more like the size of a Eagle Eye X6 - Haikelite specs the head diameter at 45.5 mm, but that's not at the bezel. At the bezel it's closer to 40 mm. But there's also a big difference between an XPL HI and XHP35 HI - the XPL HI should have a tighter beam, but that's offset because of the smaller reflector.

It's confusing, but based on specs for throw, I can't explain those beamshots.

No, there is the D1, which is released, and the D1s, an upcoming C8-sized light that is supposed to push 120 kcd. The D1s is not released yet, but several people, including freeme and Toy Keeper, have samples.

Those are not mine. I am just a keen buyer like the rest of us. TK said she is working on D1s review.

Sorry, since you were posting the pics, figured you were one of the ones with a per-project sample.

D1s as in plural or typo - my bad . Wow, this is confusing....

Here’s an update regarding my experience with Haikelite after having bought an SC01 having a faulty switch/driver. After a bit of back-and-forth messaging on this forum with Haikelite, they agreed to send me a new head for the SC01, which arrived today and resolved my issue. :slight_smile: