Review: Imalent DD2R (XM-L2, 1x 18650 / 2x CR123) - EDC Touch Display.

I always like your sequential stepper gifs in your reviews…most excellent

Thank you! Though I do wish I could afford Photoshop and a higher quality set of tripods so I could get better, more consistent results.

you can easily twist the hand grip to turn it off faster. It looks like they sped up the on\off button time. The first models required 5-6 seconds hold to turn off. Also looks like they improved the screen and touch response on all models.

The threads are not anodized on the DD2R, it takes about 2 full turns to disconnect.

I’ve had my dd2r for a few weeks now. I really like it. The touch screen works best using a finger nail to slide up or down (provides better precision/control). I cut up an old tablet screen protector to place on the dd2r’s screen as extra protection.

They should have used a lightning bolt as the charging symbol instead of a battery. Looks weird having two battery symbols; and the lightning bolt seems to be universal charge symbol on devices like cell phones/tablets. Also would be nice to get rid of the imalent lettering on the screen and replace them with a couple more control bars. Would have been nice if the low was lower.

Love the convenience of charging without taking out the battery. I’ll have to remember to check how high my battery charges to next time I charge.

did you get it from the group buy or sale? :smiley:

I got mine from Banggood. I don’t remember if it was a group buy or a sale. I actually couldn’t remember where I got it from. I forgot to add it to my purchases spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my PayPal deadlines. I just got an email an hour after posting the above from BG’s automated system to review my purchase, so that’s how I found out where I purchased.

Think it was $45usd when I got it. For a variable brightness light, I think it’s a pretty good deal at that price considering it has charging abilities. Oh, it would have been nice if they also included the wall wart USB. I used the one from my Samsung phone. I guess they probably left it out so they didn’t have to deal with US/EU plugs.

Imalent claim

6 hours at 885lm
25 hours at 225lm

does anyone know how accurate these claims are ?

Has anyone managed to crack open the driver on these or swap in another one?

My DD2R has stopped working.

Have you tried contacting the Imalent? I would like to know if they back there products.