µReview: JKK36 - XHP70.2 = no donut?

Can anyone tell me how to get to the driver in the JKK36.
All I can see is the XHP70.2 with 2 small Phillips screws, 1 on either side.
From the bottom the contact spring mounted to a 24 mm dia red circuit board labeled FXJINHENG with a 4 mm brass surround.
There are no indents or holes for unscrewing either from the black anodized head.

It looks like its press fit into place. You can try pulling on the spring or maybe push an allen key through one of the wire holes, but limit pressure so you don’t break any driver components.

Unlike most my JKK36 has a press fit switch so it’s back to the freeze mist solution. Used to use that stuff all the time in electronics repair to find cold contact joints or heat sensitive parts.

A 1” piece of PVC tube surrounding the driver then dry ice on top of the contact spring then cover the tube loosely will loosen the driver enough that a gentle pull on the spring will pull the driver out.

That or any non damaging, non toxic, or non flammable gas that has been liquified like Freon R-134a sprayed on the driver through the PVC tube works.
Hold the the aluminum body in some way that will conduct heat away.

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know the MCPCB size on these, or if it will fit a larger maxtoch board than the 20mm without removing metal? How big is the shelf for the mcpcb? thanks

1) MCPCB on mine is 20mm. Read some were different.
2)Need to remove metal.
Need to pop the driver out to see and that I’m not willing to do as
it was a pain to get out when I modified it to give me more modes and better spacing.
Instructions for that here on BLF.

Have a BLF SP36 with the Samsung LEDs for a light but keep this around for camping as a basic light and battery bank.