Review: Little Brass Beauty (18650 XP-G2 from FFL)

How weird, that’s three versions of the 18650 one now. TK, how old is your original style one? I got one from CNQG in Aug 2014 and it is identical to FmC’s “original”. I’m guessing yours is from even earlier. The only difference I see is the different pattern of un-knurled bands in the head. I do wish the new ones were the same length. Otherwise it seems fine, about the same build quality, etc. I replaced the driver and LED on the new one I just got and it’s perfectly fine, just longer than it needs to be.

It’s from 2013-09. I think it was the very first batch. The length is 97mm.

The insides are a lot more different than the outsides. Custom pill, custom MCPCB, only fits a 1-sided driver, the retaining ring screws around the outside of the pill, head opens up in the middle, etc. The newer models are much easier to mod but their tail switch isn’t as nice. The original doesn’t have flat sides; they’re slightly curved.

Lots of little differences, really, but both are good. And my new one is one-of-a-kind after Dale turned it into a triple and signed it. I have wight’s version of a Moonlight Special in it, triple 219B, and it’s running Crescendo.